How Believing In Love Saved Me

How Believing In Love Saved Me

Let me tell you about how believing in love saved my life.

191
How Believing In Love Saved Me

"If you're reading this...
Congratulations, you're alive.
If that's not something to smile about,
then I don't know what is."
Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Head

Clinging To Such Little Hope

From the start of a young age, romance is not only seemingly over exaggerated,

We take this idea and perpetuate it into what we think is, "love."

For years, I clung onto the hope of love. Believing it was real.

And I would think a guy was supposed to be like in the movies.

After a while, I was creating an idea that not only was unrealistic but creating loneliness.

This isolation would create more problems in believing in love.

One relationship after the other, still clinging to that hope.

Senior year came and not only did I have a crush, I dated him.

Until at one point during our 12 month anniversary, he broke my heart.

On and off, throughout the months. I was still iffy on love.

And then, he did it again. He broke my heart.

So fed up with putting up with it. I gave up on love and myself.

And then it happened- depression.

Depression hit like a monsoon and wrecked every relationship I had with anyone.

Actual loneliness, creating a demon I called Suicide.

But still, I clung onto what little hope I had.

Then out of the blue, I met him.

Only having talked for one day, we went out that day.

And that one day changed everything.

One date became two, and that two became five.

Not only did we fall in love on the SECOND date.

But we crossed paths once before and didn't even know it.

This one interaction changed the way I felt about love.

I was closed off and scared, but he was patient.

And so far, we are living I guess you can say happily ever after.

So if you're struggling to stay alive, but clinging onto what little hope you have left.

Do Not Let it Go!

You might find your unexpected soulmate too.