A Field Of Dandelions Can Be Weeds Or Wishes

If something bad happens, or if there's a bump in the road, YOU and YOU ALONE have the power to decide how to react and feel.

350
field of flowers

“When you look at a field of dandelions you can either see a field of weeds or a field of wishes".

Every day we have the opportunity to choose our perspective. Mindset is such an incredible and powerful thing, and people often do not realize that they are completely in control of the mindset that they choose to exist in. Optimism and happiness is a choice (most often). If something bad happens, or if there's a bump in the road, YOU and YOU ALONE have the power to decide how to react and feel.

Choose your mindset. Choose to be optimistic. There is no such thing as people who are naturally inclined to see the glass as half full or half empty. We are all choosing our mindset, and (unless you have a mental disorder such as depression) no one is more predisposed to see the glass in one way rather than the other. If you think the glass is half empty, you are choosing that mindset. You are choosing pessimism, and the feeling of not having enough, and seeing the bad in situations. Change your mindset. Practice gratitude and feeling grateful for what is present rather than what is gone. The glass can always be half full, just like we may always be full of life and love so long as we choose to allow ourselves to be.

This may be easier said than done, but the simple step of realizing our own authority over our mindset and perspectives is, in itself, an achievement. This realization sets the foundation for a lifetime of practice of making conscious efforts to choose positivity and gratitude and all things good. And that's really all that matters.

The road to positivity is a marathon, not a sprint. The next time something bad happens to you, I encourage you to take a second to step back, assess the situation, and try to find the brighter side to things, because there always is one.