Finding Joy This Christmas Day

Finding Joy This Christmas Day

In a time of cold weather and busy days, remember what a beautiful time of year this is.

275
Finding Joy This Christmas Day
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/20/6364937617725864012141154166_02A448C1-B88D-4AB5-966A-F8C2A443094A.jpeg

Merry Christmas everyone! And thank you for taking the time to read my article in the midst of the holiday madness! This article is going to be short and sweet and to the point. Let’s find joy in today and joy during this season.

Apart from the gorgeous decorations and wonderful traditions, such as making gingerbread houses and seeing Christmas lights, this holiday has a whole lot of opportunities to find joy.

So my advice to you is to take advantage of this time. Enjoy the rush of your loved ones opening their gifts, and the relaxation that comes after a crazy Christmas morning. Enjoy a good Christmas movie, and leftovers from last night’s Christmas Eve party. Enjoy the family you have been blessed with and enjoy the friends in your life. Enjoy that you are so loved that you not only have all of that, but that Jesus came to earth that day as a baby boy and grew in perfection and died on the cross as Savior of the world.

In all that you receive today, enjoy the fact that today the earth received her King and it was just the beginning of the glorious gifts and promises of God.

Chris Tomlin has a Christmas song that I just recently heard, and it’s made me stop and see the glory of this day and what God has done for all of mankind.

Love incarnate, love divine
Star and angels gave the sign
Bow to babe on bended knee
The Savior of humanity
Unto us a Child is born
He shall reign forevermore

Noel, Noel
Come and see what God has done
Noel, Noel
The story of amazing love!
The light of the world, given for us
Noel

Son of God and Son of man
There before the world began
Born to suffer, born to save
Born to raise us from the grave
Christ the everlasting Lord
He shall reign forevermore

Noel, Noel
Come and see what God has done
Noel, Noel
The story of amazing love!
The light of the world, given for us
Noel

Noel, Noel
Come and see what God has done
Noel, Noel
The story of amazing love!
The light of the world, given for us
Noel, Noel

The chorus is what gets me. Noel, from the French noel meaning “Christmas” derived from the Latin "natalis," meaning “birth,” is a cry of celebration to Christ’s birth on Christmas day. The next line calls us to look to this wonderful event, come and see what God has done, He sent His Son down in likeness of men to die for us all! Noel indeed! This type of love is absolutely nothing short of amazing, remarkable, bountiful, or magnificent. Jesus loved us so much that He left His home in heaven with His Father and came down to show us true love, faith, and righteousness and to save us from our transgressions by dying on that cursed tree and raising again, defeating death for us. This love is immeasurably more, and incomparable to anything we have ever experienced and ever will experience. In the midst of darkness in the world, light came and pierced the darkness and we see Him there on the cross for us. Noel noel noel!

Read Matthew and Luke chapters 1-2 and just ponder on the wonderous events of Christmas. And be encouraged by this; rejoice in it! Be a servant of the Lord and find joy in the story of Christmas

So decorate your tree and find the most beautiful Christmas lights this season, but most of all remember how you’ve been blessed, and how love came down on this Christmas day to die in our place. Choose joy today, choose joy everyday.

Cheers!