Following God's Voice In The Midst Of Silence

He may be quiet, but he is not gone.

128
Unsplash

I have talked about this before in previous articles, but now comes the part where it can actually be acted out and relatable.

There are so many times where God's voice can be so clear, but then there are other times where it can be the hardest thing simply waiting for an answer. When you are listening to God sometimes you just want him to hurry up with his life-changing wisdom that isn't always how he works. A lot of the time he makes us wait, but there is a good reason for that decision.

There are so many times where we think that we know where we need to go or that our plan is the best plan -- or we don't need to wait for God, we can make it on our own. There is something really amazing about walking through a process with God. Over summer I went to Northern Ireland on my first mission trip, and since coming back God has really put Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland in my heart. I knew that God was going to take me back, but I had no clue how -- now I am going back to have an internship there over summer. Trust me, I am so excited and thankful for this opportunity, but the coolest part of this whole process has been seeing how God has worked through all of this. From going there on my first mission trip to God placing that country on my heart, being able to see the small things that God uses to bring together his plan is amazing. When you find and follow God's voice, it is so amazing how He walks alongside you, and you can just feel that His presence is in the situation.

If you don't feel this, do not let it discourage you because God may not be ready for you to be ready at that point. There are so many times where we get caught up in timing and whatever it is, it just has to happen right this minute and that is not how God works. I know being patient can really suck sometimes, but that does not mean that something amazing isn't going to happen. Sometimes the best things need the most time to sit.

Whether you hear God's voice easily or you have to search for it, God is always going to be by your side even if you can't always hear Him. He will be guiding you no matter what -- even if you have to wait a while, who knows what would happen if you got to something too early. God has His own timing for a specific reason. It is not our job to mess with that timing, especially if we have been asking God for guidance on a situation. I know that this can feel so frustrating, but let that timing play out and follow God's guidance because it can bring out a whole new side of God that you my have not gotten to experience before and that is pretty amazing.