Finding God In The Trials

Finding God In The Trials

Whether we're on a mountain top or in a valley low, He is always with us.
12

This past year has been by far the hardest year for my family. The devil has hit us none stop with various trials that have been affecting all aspects of our lives. So, if we're being complete honest, it bites, and I know after hearing from many other Christians that they are going through lots of trials now. Just recently, within the last few weeks, a common theme I've heard talked about is new seasons. Seemingly for me, believe that it is God's way of preparing us for what is to come. To have our hearts, minds, and souls prepared at all times. Am I alluding to the rapture? No, not specifically, but it is always a possibility. After all tomorrow is never promised, and prophecy is beginning to come to pass, depending on who you ask. However, I am leaning towards the fact that the devil seems to be throwing harder punches now a days, and it is all to important to remember that God is with us through it all. I know for all Christians, that it is so easy to forget that He is with us. Even in our darkest hours, He is experiencing our pain and suffering, and He is there to comfort us and guide us.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, I pray that in our times of great trial and hardship that God may continue to burn your flame for Him. That He will remain a constant in your life whether in school, at our jobs, in our homes, and through our communities. I pray that He will show you in the smallest ways that He is always our ever reigning King. Finally, I pray that your heart of worship would not grow dry because even in our trials He is our sovereign God. Amen.

Drawing from my personal life, I can tell you that the devil is all too real. I think we forget that sometimes whether life is going great or not so great. On the mountain tops, it can feel like nothing can drag us down, and that is when the devil acts and says no I'm still here. During the valleys, it is so easy to get caught up in our own chaos that we can sometimes forget that it is the devil attacking, and we end up blaming or becoming angry with God. Both are dangerous situations to be in. Once we hit that point in a certain season when we realize the devil's presences it feels like there is only just him drowning us in torment and suffering. We completely forget that God is there.

Speaking a little bit more on my family's struggles within the past year, and being a bit more transparent, the devil has attacked my mother non stop, and it is one of the most painful things to watch. My mother is an incredibly godly women and true follower of Christ, so I know that it makes her a prime target for the devil. Over this past summer, God brought my mom and I closer together, which is something we haven't been for a long time. As a result of that, I had conflicted emotions about coming back to school. I didn't want to leave my mom in her time of trials, but God showed up in a miraculous way to say "Kamryn, I am still here. I am walking with you and your family as you go. I love you and I will never forsake you. I know where you need to be, and I will carry your mom through her trials." Even when I was losing focus of God's presence in my life he came in and showed me otherwise. Maybe he has done the same thing for you? Probably not in the same way as me, but in a way that your belief in Him would be reassured and a spirit of comfort was given to you.

" It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

God is always with you, through every season in your life; good and bad. His love for you is unwavering. He will fight for you. He is God, and he will never let us go. The most important thing of all is to remember that the war is already won, and it was done at the cross.