Finding God In College Again

Finding God In College Again

What I didn't expect was that I would need God to get me through.

14
Finding God In College Again
Harvest Bible Chapel

College Freshman, we have almost complete an entire semester of college. I cannot believe it. It seems like the older that we get, the faster that time goes.

Since starting college, I have learned a lot about myself. I expected that eventually I would, but not so quickly. Not so soon. I thought that maybe as a sophomore or junior I would realize my calling in life, but I never expected to realize so many things so soon. I never thought things would change so quickly.

Going away to school (even though I am only 40 minutes away) has taught me little things like I do not like doing laundry or dishes. That I do not like being alone. That I really need a dog in my life. And that I really need God.

That's right. I NEED God.

My first week away from home I needed my mom. My second week, I needed something bigger.

"He who started a good work in you will carry it to completion" Philippians 1:6

God has been a huge part of me getting through my first semester of college and God, I could not have done it without you. I have prayed more in the past 4 months than I think I have in my entire life. And I haven't been trying, it just happens.

I think I realized that life is pretty hard. Being an adult is difficult. Paying for school is difficult. Staying in school is difficult. Everyone that knows me well would not have expected it to be this hard on me, but it was. And all I can say is that it must be God testing me. And I am ready for it.

God has put me in some testy situations since arriving on a college campus. Some of which I have fallen for, some of which I haven't. But he has shown me that there is no way that I can make it without him. There is no way that I am going to do this without a one-on-one relationship with the creator of the universe. I am lucky that I realized this so early on.

My first few weeks of school, I really wanted to drop out and go back home. Being away from my family was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I had the idea in my head that I could make it the world without a degree, without an education. I prayed a lot for God to bring me comfort in my new environment. To show me a way to feel included and wanted among a new group of people.

Nearing the end of my second semester, I feel like God has a purpose for me here. Even though I do have the urge to go home more often than some of my peers, I am sticking tough. God has brought me here for a reason and I want to see where his plan will take me.