Life Happens, But You Can Find Forgiveness

Nobody can change what has happened to you, but you can reach that point where forgiveness is a choice you make for yourself.

257
BenteBoe via Pixabay

We always hear the phrase "forgive but not forget." Some situations are easier than others. I'm not one to hold grudges. I'm one to look forward, but in some situations that can be harder to do—situations that may not be your fault, or things that you didn't want to happen. I'm a huge believer that everything happens for a reason.

Life doesn't give you the people that you want; it gives you the people you need to help you, hurt you, love you, guide you, and leave you to make you into the person you are meant to be. You may not see it today or tomorrow, but you will look back in a few years and be absolutely stunned and awed in how every little thing added up and brought you somewhere where you were supposed to be or where you always wanted to be.

You will be grateful that things didn't work out the way you once wanted them to.

Forgive anyone who has caused you pain or harm. Not for them or for their sake, but for you. Forgiving is not forgetting. It is remembering without anger. It frees up your power, mind, and spirit. Forgiveness opens up a pathway to a place of peace of mind where you can persist despite what has happened to you.

Nobody can change what has happened to you, or what pain and heartbreak you've been through, but you should try to reach that point where forgiveness is a choice you make for yourself for your peace of mind and for your well-being.

Life happens. Situations not in your hands happened where you took the blame. Forgive yourself for those situations that were not in your control. In other words, situations that have hurt you or broken you and lead to a breaking point where forgiveness gave you peace of mind.

Forgiveness is the best form of love. It takes a strong person to say sorry and an even stronger person to forgive—remember that. The only forgiveness due is to myself for ever forgetting my worth enough to let you unearth my roots from my truth.