Finding Beauty Among Brokenness

Finding Beauty Among Brokenness

He always heals.

31
Finding Beauty Among Brokenness
Odyssey

2 Corinthians 1:3,4 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”

Tough times bring out the worst in us and the best in God. He always provides us with a spirit that can be moved by his grace and sufficiency. God does not give us a trial without a reasoning behind it. When it is said that everything happens for a reason, that reason may not always be visible when we need it most. That reason may not even be seen until we are long past and it becomes known to those we left behind and we realize that God gave us the storm so those we love could see the calm.

It is easy to find all the things wrong with our situation and to ask all the wrong questions. Why is God doing this to me? Why do bad things always happen to me? How can this possibly be what God wants for me? When we should be trusting in the Lord and seeking out his guidance in the situation. Instead ask God, "God why have you chosen me to live this path?" or "If this is what you want for me, show me why and how I am supposed to lead by example." When trial comes my way I am quick to blame God instead of thanking him. He died for me so I can LIVE this life. How can I be angry with someone who gave me life and gives it to me so mercifully everyday when all I do is continuously give him reasons not to.

I don't think about he fact that whatever I am going through, I am not alone. Not only do I have Christ's hand guiding me but I have other people who have experienced the same pain and will experience the same pain. I find comfort in knowing that the Lord does not send me off to live this life alone. I am surrounded by people who are suffering and I am doing the same. But we alone survive knowing we have each other. How else am I supposed to be an anchor to those around me if I have a perfect life? How am I supposed to heal the broken people around me if I don't let myself be broken as well.

To find beauty in the brokenness is to trust in God's goodness. It is to believe that he heals the broken hearted in due time and does not always give us what we want. What I want is not what I need. The will of God is stronger than any lustful attitude towards life we have and towards any earthly materials. I find rest in the joy that the Lord restores to my broken heart. I would never fully experience the true love and grace of Christ if I had never first experienced the pain that he may bring upon me.