Find Your Balance This Semester

Find Your Balance This Semester

Make the best of this next semester by working hard but also rewarding yourself!

54

As we approach the beginning of the next and new semester, some feel anxiety while others feel the excitement. Whichever emotion you are being overwhelmed by, just know that you will be okay. As students, we are always being pressured to do our very best: meet pressing deadlines, and working until there is nothing more to do. If you are anything like me, this becomes exhausting after a while. We have been taught since small children the importance of multitasking and speedy performance. However, we are not perfect machines and need some time to recuperate and oil all of the parts to ensure sustainability of the mind and body.

When approaching the new semester, I suggest that you take more time for yourself. After all, it is a new year. Start this new year and new semester with a fresh mind and don't let it escape you! Do more of what you enjoy, but not in excess: drink some tea, read a book, go for a hike with a friend, or even go to a party. Do whatever brings you joy and peace of mind. Nothing in excess applies to most things and that also means not working yourself to death.

Find your perfect balance this semester. I know that for some, relaxing can be very difficult when there are a plethora of assignments that need to be finished. However, it is so important for your mental health to realize your limitations and to nurture and take care of yourself. This is especially important to avoiding burnout and falling down the hole of hopelessness.

However you find your balance this semester, I wish you the best of luck. You have got this and do not think otherwise! Find your balance, work hard but also enjoy yourself! There is so much more to life than deadlines and assignments!