Starting My First Job In Over A Year Is A Lot To Take In

After the rough spring semester that I had, I'm glad that I got this job and that now I am getting the experience that comes with it.

300

The summer between my first and second years of college were both fun and boring, but I would say that it was probably more boring than before. The only reason because of this was because I didn't have a job at the time. I mean, don't get me wrong. Before I graduated high school and the summer after I graduated high school I had a job, but it wasn't a job that I thoroughly enjoyed or wanted to continue doing when I got back the summer after my first year of college.

Also, I wasn't lazy. I applied for a bunch of jobs but at the time only two of the jobs got back to me for an interview.

The first job said that they already had a lot of employees that were in college and while the second job said that they would call me back for another interview with the actual boss, I didn't get a phone call about it. So that summer was mostly spent with me at home doing housework as well as picking my brother up from band practices since he didn't have his license yet at the time. So you could guess that this was not a fun summer.

After that summer and learning that I would be able to move into the apartment complex that my friend Sam and I signed up for, I knew that I needed to get money in order to pay for things like groceries, utilities, and others. With that came finding a job. During the long winter break that I had, I was filling out job applications but no one was getting back to me. At this point, I was losing hope and praying that I could find a job as soon as possible so I don't have to apply to a place I didn't want to apply beforehand.

That was when I applied to two camps that were for children with special needs, and then after it passed the date of accepting applications, I got an email from one of the camps about a job interview. The hard thing was that it was hard to find time to do an interview because I had no time to come home from college and so I had to do a phone interview. But trying to find time to do a phone interview was hard because I had no free time. When I finally had time for a phone interview, I was so nervous about it. Afterward, I got told that I had gotten the job and that when I get home from school that I can go get the paperwork.

Now I am currently finishing my second week as a camp counselor and it is honestly one of the best things that could happen. After the rough spring semester that I had, I'm glad that I got this job and that now I am getting the experience that comes with it.