To The College Student Trying To Find Their Place In Life

There's really no where to go but up.

4
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bye1W69noam/
@icyjonjon/Instagram

There are thousands, if not millions of college students who are all striving for the same goal: To live their dream and be happy. Unfortunately, many parents, mentors, and friends say that college is only the beginning and they're sort of right. Take it like a video game, life has an 18-ish year tutorial level and after the tutorial, the player has to figure out everything for themselves. College is indeed part of the beginning, but it's not the very beginning. It's more like the end of the beginning, and the real beginning starts as soon as you graduate.

Graduation is constantly on the horizon for students and while we seem to take our eyes off of it for the most part, every now and then when we take a peak, it's still there slowly coming our way, closer every time. That can really scare many students because they've been working so hard toward the goal of graduating that they haven't even thought of what to do next! Remember people asking you what you're going to major in college? and the answer was "Oh, I'm undecided." Well now, assuming you're decided, you've found what you want to do but now you have to find somewhere that'll won't just let you do what you love but also pay you! Maybe you want to own a business, maybe you wish to design the next dress that Selena Gomez wears, or maybe you just want to be happy.The choices to achieve your dream can be overbearing and really take a toll on you. Fortunately, there's a sense of relief.

To the college student trying to find their place in life, relax. That time is coming soon somehow somewhere. I tend to be someone who plans every little thing and the fact that I don't have a plan after graduation scares the living crap out of me. Life, while it doesn't wait for you, isn't going to wreck you if you don't have every little bit planned out. Sometimes, you really need to just go with the flow. However, every now and then I have to show a little faith. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." That little nugget of wisdom is from Jeremiah 29:11. Now, in context, God was speaking about the nation of Israels suffering under Babylon but the point remains. God knew what was coming for Israel and he was telling them that despite the suffering coming for them, He still knew that their was a plan in place. Looking out on the horizon of the future and seeing the big bad graduation near, take a moment to breathe and maybe say a little prayer.