To The College Student That Is Stressed About Their Future

If the birds fly freely without worry than why should I worry?

33
Christina Thomas

Do you ever just get into moments where you feel so utterly helpless about your future? You feel like your so small, so inferior, so lost in making any adult decision. If you haven't, I am so glad for you. But that's not what this article is about. This is for the one who is curled up in their bed racking their brain on what their 5-year plan is going to look like. This is for the one who is beginning to forget how to breathe and rest in the huge arms of Jesus- where they ultimately know they belong.

Something that is so precious to me is the wisdom from others and the constant reminders I get that brings me back to the truth of who God says He is and who He says I am. One night, in particular, I had been wracking my brain with all 500 things that I needed to do in the next couple of months. Graduate school applications are beginning to become something of a scary reality and thinking about what I'm going to be doing, where I'm going to be, and who I'm going to be doing life within a year from now has been completely consuming my brain.

I was forgetting the truths. I was forgetting where I belong- in the arms of Jesus.

A sweet and most timely reminder came to me through the phone while I was speaking to my Uncle. He reminded me that Jesus calls me into adventure WITH Him. And to follow Jesus means to fully trust that whatever happens before me is the beautifully crafted adventure that my Heavenly Father has already prepared for me.

I like to imagine this adventure with God like a Father-daughter dance. I'm dancing with the Father and my feet are resting on His. And every time He moves, I move with Him. There is safety and complete trust when we're dancing. My eyes aren't looking at our feet because I know where they are going- they are following His footsteps. My eyes are on Him because that's where they belong. And in His eyes, I see a reflection of who I am- the daughter that just needs to trust Her strong Father.

These are the thoughts that have been holding me together these past few weeks. So friends, If you are in a similar place of not knowing where your feet will land, dance with your Father. He knows the way and He never spins you out of control.

Psalms 37:23 NLT

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."