Finals Week as Described by The Librarians

"Vexing, still vexing."

66
The Librarians Wikia

Ah yes, finals. The bane of the existence of all college students. Thanksgiving break has just finished, the holiday season has begun and....now we're in hell. The workload is a mile high, our GPAs are on the line and yet the only thing we seem to be able to do is procrastinate more and more! And, it seems lately that everyone's favorite pass-time for finals procrastination is writing Odyssey articles about how our favorite TV shows can describe finals week!

Finals week can take down even the best, the brightest and the most enthusiastic about learning. With all that in mind, I decided to use my own favorite show, TNTs The Librarians, to describe finals week. The characters may be the smartest people in the world, but even they can fall victim to the procrastination curse.

So now I present: Finals Week! As described by The Librarians.

(And if you were wondering, yes: I am most definitely writing this article instead of working on my final papers.)

1. Walking around on December 1st

It's December! The Holiday season is upon us and you're dressed in red and jingle bells and ready to do nothing but blast Michael Bublé, go shopping for your friends and bake cookies! Everything seems to be right with the world until....

2. Realizing how much work you have

Denial. So much denial.

3. Getting Organized

There is a lot of work to do so of course you have to plan it all out. You devise a color coded schedule complete with work and break times, and your work space is lined up with highlighters, pens and the like.

4. Getting Motivated

You can do this. You know you can do this. This semester will not take you down. You're not going to procrastinate, you're going to follow your schedule and get everything done and get some sleep too. You're going to come out with all As and bust your butt without fail so then you can freely revel in the holiday season when it's all over.

5. Starting to write your first paper

Everything's going great. You're on a roll! You're going to ace this! Look at you sitting down and writing that paper! Look at that killer opening sentence!

6. And immediately giving up

How much could it reallyhurt to put things off a little longer anyway?

7. Ignoring all your responsibilities to go out with your friends

What's life without a little fun after all? And it would be rude to turn down an invitation.

8. Feeling great as you forget everything that's due in the next 2 weeks

9. Getting home and realizing what a horrible idea that was as you drown in work again

Nope. Nope nope nope nope. There are still 5 papers to write why on earth did you ever think it was a good idea to put this off?

10. Your friends motivate you to get that work done

You are stronger than these tests. You are stronger than that 90s sitcom they just added to Netflix...

11. But somehow it just ends in lamenting how you're both going to flunk out

12. Your friends show up with coffee and you think maybe you just need a quick break

Coffee helps you study right?

13. That 5 minute break turns into a 2 hour feast at the dining hall

Because after all, you deserve that break after writing one sentence of your 10 page paper.

14. Watching a movie after dinner

Because it's not fair to just start working right away after dinner. That can't be healthy. Why not relax with a movie?! Or two....or three.

15. Having a mental breakdown as you realize it's been a week and you've done nothing

"How did it come to this again? How could I let the work pile up this bad?"

16. Staying up all night to finish your first paper because you've run out of options

17. Everyone who got sleep last night wondering if you're finished yet

"Just one more final touch and I'll be ready to turn it in."

18. Your friends are concerned for your health when they ask you how many hours of sleep you've gotten this week

19. You turn in your first paper and it's finally done and your friends are actually questioning your sanity

"No; not especially."

20. Having yet another breakdown when you realize how much work there still is to do

"HOW CAN THERE STILL BE MORE WORK TO DO? I CAN'T GO THROUGH ALL THAT AGAIN!"

21. Friends assuring you that you're not going to fail

22. Giving up on your GPA and watching The Librarians instead!

We all knew it was gonna end up here anyway.

Okay, but in all seriousness, good luck on finals everyone! I'd tell you to stop reading this and do your work, but we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon.