Finals Survival Guide

Finals Survival Guide

It's getting to be that time of the year: finals season!

3
Finals Survival Guide
Bella Coronado

If you are anything like me, you may be stressed at the moment. This is thanks to a build-up of work professors like to push onto us the last several weeks of the semester. In the midst of this chaos, here are some tips for staying sane:

Make time every day to study - do NOT procrastinate! 

This semester, I made a huge deal about not procrastinating. I turned assignments in weeks ahead. I started studying multiple nights before tests. And guess what? I am no longer crumbling from stress! I'm not freaking out when my computer freezes the hour before an assignment is due, because I already got it turned in! Every single day (besides Saturday, for the most part), I have made time to work on school. It doesn't have to be for hours - that's the beauty of splitting it up every day. I promise if you start getting organized for finals sooner rather than later, you will save yourself stress and regret.

When life become too overwhelming, take a break!

Sometimes I have a hard time physically getting out of bed. I lack any and all motivation. I don't have any desire to touch or even look at my school work. In these times, my solution is to stay lazy. I make time for myself. I do the things I feel like doing, and avoid the others. Eventually, I get tired of being lazy and miss being productive. I swear these lazy periods help prevent burnout. Sometimes life is just too much. Taking a break isn't a sin!

Set aside time every day to talk with family .

Staying in touch with your family can be a huge help when it comes to relieving stress! They love us and want the best for us. Turning to my parents for advice has saved me from having a complete breakdown several times.

Spend time with friends!

Like your family, your friends really care about you. They are great to turn to in times of distress. It's important to set aside time to be with them, whether you are adventuring together, relaxing, or even just talking about how life is at the moment.

Remember what really matters.

Are your finals grades really going to influence the rest of your life? No! You will make it through this period. Take care of yourself and look after others. Don't fret over things that won't matter so much down the road.