Final Thoughts At the End of My First Semester of College

With the fall semester coming to a close, I'd like to reflect on my first semester at college.

27

It's that time of the year when everyone is cramming for finals as the fall semester of college draws to a close and the Holiday break is about to commence. As I sit here in anticipation of going home for the next month, I just wanted to reflect on my first semester as a college student.

It's been a wild past few months to say the least. I finally understand what people mean when they say that college changes you. I am definitely not the same person I was last year or even rather the same person I was over the summer right before I started college.

Sure, I don't literally mean I'm a different person, and I don't think I changed in a negative way. Each stage in life brings both new opportunities and obstacles that can foster great growth. These new experiences I've had over the past few months have really helped me to mature as an individual. College has taught me to be more independent, responsible, and to be free to be myself without much fear of judgment. College has taught me that there are countless great clubs, organizations, etc. to be a part of and that college and the world have so many wonderful opportunities to offer. However, most of the time they will not just come to you or be handed to you. For the most part, you will have to put in a lot of hard work and dedication, but it will be worth it.

I made quite a few incredible friendships that I know I will have for life. I have been blessed with meeting and getting to know so many beautiful souls at college. I am still discovering who I am and what my interests are. I am enjoying the process and the journey. I am enjoying the bonds I am forming and the memories I am creating. I can hardly believe that my first semester of college is almost over. I'm sure many of you can relate, whether you yourself are a college freshman or maybe you might even be finishing up your fall semester of your senior year at college wondering how the time went by so fast. Because time does go by fast, so you might as well make the most of it.

I am so excited to go home for the Holidays. I'm looking forward to spending time with my beautiful family and my amazing friends. I'm looking forward to spending time doing things that I enjoy and am passionate about. I'm also looking forward to visiting local places back home that I love and haven't been to in awhile.

I'd like to congratulate anyone finishing up this fall semester at college! A lot of hard work has gotten you to this point! Be proud of yourself, enjoy your Holiday season and upcoming break, and look forward to a great Spring semester!