Final Semester Of College To-Do List

Final Semester Of College To-Do List

It's now or never!

231
Final Semester Of College To-Do List

It's halfway through your final semester of college, and all of a sudden you realize that you are almost an adult. After you have finished that final final, walked across that stage and received your diploma, and thrown your cap in the air, you will be thrust unforgivingly into the real world. Although the real world can be exciting, university will always hold a special place in your heart. As you quickly draw closer to graduation, here are a few things you should do in these last few weeks of school.

1. Keep up with assignments.

While it can be wonderful imagining what the real world will be like, unfortunately for a few more weeks you still have grades to maintain. You may not need to go overboard in your work, but definitely put in some time on your studying to ensure that you won't need to stick around for another semester in order to finish up the things you put off in your final semester.

2. Go to all of your classes.

Going along with missing assignments, make sure that you do not miss too many classes. Senioritis is a real thing, and it can be incredibly difficult to find the motivation to attend your lectures. Personally, I'm all for missing classes for important things like job interviews, professional auditions, and lunch dates with that friend you never get to see. But again, if you go over the allotted amount of absences your grades could drop quickly, which could result in you needing to make the class up and not being able to graduate on time. Moral of the story: get your work done and go to school!

3. Build in time for yourself.

I know I've just lectured you about being a good noodle and doing your stuff, but there are also times that you really need to take care of your mental and physical health. Otherwise, you won't be able to enjoy the fun parts of your last semester. Take a break from your papers, tests, and projects for a while and do something that makes you happy. Go for a walk, take a bubble bath, dance around your apartment to loud music--whatever will help you get down to business and focus on the work you have to do after you've had your relaxation break. Treat yo self, and your body and mind will thank you!

4. Never regret taking naps.

We all need them, especially in the final stretch of college when everything becomes increasingly overwhelming. Don't ever regret taking a half hour power nap, or even a 5-hour sleep. In the long run, it will make you feel better and will hopefully help you be productive afterward. Plus, who knows how much time you will have for naps in the real world? Take advantage of them while you still can!

5. Spend time with friends.

As sad as it is, unless you and your whole crew are staying in your college town after graduation, this will probably be your last chance to see each other for a long time. Any opportunity you get to see your people, you should take. Watch movies together, play drinking games, go out to karaoke night. Do the things you guys enjoy doing together in the town you became friends in, and do them a lot.

6. Go out on local adventures.

Every college town has its own special places to visit and things to do that are unique to that area. If you haven't been able to eat at that restaurant you've always wanted to visit, or order that drink you've always wanted to try, now's your time to do it! You may be back eventually, but who knows how long it will be, so check everything off your college town bucket list while you still can!

7. Thank your professors.

Most students have one or two professors who really made an impact on them throughout their years at college, and it is important to show them gratitude for all their hard work and dedication to helping you make it through. Let them know how much they meant to you, and get their contact info so that you can keep in touch with them on your journey through big kid life and let them know how you're doing.

8. Do cheap school-y things.

Take advantage of the services and activities your college offers before you're no longer a student and can't partake. Go to the sporting events, attend the shows that have ridiculously inexpensive tickets, and use the rec center. Do all of the stuff you should've done the last few years but have been too busy to do, because you won't have them as an option for much longer.

9. Make every moment count.

You didn't think you'd ever reach this point in your life, but here it is. The clock is ticking, slowly counting down the days until you are done with school for good and are officially on your own. This is the time to take nothing for granted that has been available to you the last few years. Do the things you want to do, see the people you want to see, and enjoy every last minute.