Filming My Cousin's Wedding Video

Filming My Cousin's Wedding Video

Because it's wedding season and I had the opportunity to be my cousin's wedding videographer.

4
Filming My Cousin's Wedding Video

A couple of months ago, I received a phone call from my cousin. This was odd, we never really talked on the phone, and it wasn't a holiday or my birthday or anything. I answered of course, and she asked me if I would be her wedding videographer.

I said yes of course, I am currently trying to start a photography/videography business and this would be my first professional video experience; I was ecstatic. I gathered all the information I needed: a list of everything that she for sure wanted me to film, the location, what time I was supposed to arrive at the wedding, where to stand, I mean everything.

I arrived at the rehearsal the night before, set up my tripod, and tried to figure out where to set up as to not get in the way of anyone walking down the aisle or blocking the view of anyone seated. I found the best set up, and was excited and prepared for the actual ceremony the following day.

I arrived at the venue around 2pm, the bride's parents were there but not the bride or the groom. In the meantime, I filmed the bits of decor around the area, the grounds, and other things I could think of that would add to the video. When the bride arrived, I went in to film her getting her ready, like her bridesmaid zipping up her dress and things like that. I did the same for the groom, like filming him putting on his watch, or buttoning his suit.

I went to set up at the aisle, and prepare for the ceremony. The ceremony started, and I filmed everything perfectly, no problems, which was great because I was so nervous something would go wrong. I then filmed the reception afterwards and everything went smoothly, my first videography gig done!

I went home to edit a short intro video to send out the newly-weds before they embarked on their honeymoon. I finished the 40-second long video and sent it out to them, and they loved it! I am currently in the process of editing the entire full-length video, but here is the preview video I made if you would like to check it out:

Your browser does not support the video tag. s3.amazonaws.com