Film Review: Everything Everything

Film Review: Everything Everything

A review of this popular movie that has recently hit theaters.

12
http://cdn5.thr.com/sites/default/files/2017/05/ee-fp-040_-_h_2017.jpg

If you've been on social media or watched TV recently, you know that there is a new movie out that people are going crazy for. It was originally a book and has been turned into a film after the success of the book. I decided it was finally time to head to the theater and see the movie for myself and, I was not dissapointed.

If you've seen the trailers, you know that the movie revolves around a young girl who is unable to leave her house due to a rare immune disorder known as SCID. For the past 18 years, Maddie has been confined to her own home and has never ventured outside. Shortly after she turns 18, a new boy moves in next door and him and Maddie begins texting and talking on the phone. She ends up falling in love with him and he begins to make her look inside herself and realize that she's not really living a life. She decides it's time to venture outside and she buys tickets for the two of them to stay in Hawaii. She wants to experience just one day of a real life, assuming she will become very ill and die after being outside all day.

The movie is a drama/romance that kept us interested and connected to the characters. The soundtrack is beautiful and each song perfectly fits the scene in which it's played. The movie offers us every feeling from laughs to tears. There is an unexpected twist at the end that really makes or breaks the movie. Many found the twist to be a deal breaker, but I found it dramatic and interesting and I felt it was very necessary to close the story in this manner.

The movie was worth my time and money and overall it was a great love story alongside a drama and heartfelt story. Overall, I give the film a 7.5/10.