55 Things To Add To Your Journal

55 Things To Fill That Blank Page In Your Journal With

Playlists. Dreams. Memories from elementary school.

194
Image by PlushDesignStudio on Pixabay

Do you want to start a journal and don't know how? Maybe you are in a rut and need some inspiration for things to spice it up... Journaling can include anything you want it to, and here are some elements that you could add to make it encapsulate more of you.

1. Thoughts

About your day, a certain topic, or someone in your life...

2. New ideas

3. Recipes

That banana bread you made for Christmas that you got endless compliments about? Write it down!

4. Dreams

Either literal or metaphorical... both works

5. Fun memories from childhood

6. Fears and doubts

It might relieve you of anxiety now and it'll give you the ability to reflect on them in the future.

7. Song Lyrics

8. Quotes

9. Forecasts

Maybe acknowledge that it rained 8 days straight or it snowed 14 inches that one time.

10. News Clippings

11. Schedules

Daily, weekly, monthly, or by semester. What'd your life look like when you were 19?

12. Lists of favorite shows, movies, books, etc.

13. Outfit ideas

Write down how to style your favorite shirt for each season!

14. Collages

15. Art

Art often encapsulates feelings better than any writing could.

16. Drawings

17. Watercolors

18. Poems

19. Fictional stories

20. Pictures from the internet

Make a mood board from Pinterest!

21. Pictures from your phone

Take something in the Cloud and make it physical!

22. Old photo albums pictures

23. Letters from others

Physical letters aren't dead!

24. Letters to yourself

Future self, past self, or your now self.

25. Mail

26. Stickers

Whether they are specialized ones from Red Bubble or free ones that people were handing out, I think that the sticker fad that has hit college students is an important (and fun) one to document.

27. Washi Tape

Cute and useful

28. Staples

29. Date stamps

For the aesthetic if nothing else.

30. Markers

31. Pens

32. Colored Pencils

33. Wrapping Paper

34. Scrapbook Paper

35. Clothes tags

Keep tags to remember what things cost and what brands you like!

36. Receipts

37. Current playlists

What are you listening to right now?

38. Playlists from your past

39. Habit trackers

What things do you do everyday? What things should you be doing that you're not so great at keeping up with?

40. Mood trackers

Do your moods follow a pattern or do they relate to what happened that particular day?

41. Lists of your favorite things right now

42. Get your friends to add something

Have them doodle or write something!

43. Bucket List

44. Travels

Some people have journals dedicated to this!

45. Places you want to travel

46. Embarrassing stories (past or present)

They won't be as embarrassing in ten years... probably

47. Notes from class

You probably won't understand them after this semester, but looking back you'll know at one point, you did know what all this jargon meant.

48. Dried flowers

49. Napkins from restaurants

Tactile objects help to remember the event!

50. Cute packaging

51. Maps

Of places you've already been or places you want to go

52. Packing lists

One master list might be useful to have for all travels!

53. Magazine clippings

54. Gratitude

55. Affirmations

Use some of these things to make your journal more you. Aesthetics and vibes are fun, but when it comes down to it, the memories that you keep will be the best part.