Fifty Famous Last Words Of Fifty Famous People

Sometimes we haven't said enough in life!

214
twitter

I've always had a facination with the famous last words of people. Sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're deep, sometimes, they have a spooky thought provoking feel to them. So here are 50 dying words from famous people.

1. George Washington said "Tis Well."

2. Winston Churchill said, "I am bored with it all," before slipping into a coma and dying nine days later.

3. Cuban revolutionary Che Guevera looked into the eyes of his executioner and said "Shoot coward! You're only going to kill a man."

4. Philosopher Jean Paul Sartre looked at his long-time partner Simone de Beauvior and said, "I love you very much, my dear beaver."

5. W.C. Feilds said "God damn the whole friggin world and everyone in it but you Carlotta." This would sound romantic except his wife's name was Hattie. Carlotta Monti was his mistress.

6. Author, Oscar Wilde, who was dying in a hotelroom said, "Either that wall paper goes or I go." Well God made that decision.

7. J.M. Barrie, the author of Peter Pan said "I can't sleep." We'll he got his wish.

8. Pancho Villa wasn't very composed, he said, "Don't let it end like this, tell them I said something."

9. My favorite poet T.S. Elliot was only able to whisper "Valerie." Valerie was his wife.

10. My second favorite poet, Walt Whitman said, "Shift. Shift."

11. Journalist and outspoken Athiest, Christopher Hitchens said, "Capitalism. Downfall."

12. Evolutionist Charles Darwin said, "I am not in the least afraid to die."

13. Author Franz Kafka, while begging for a morphine overdose from his doctor said, "Kill me, or else you are a murderer."

14. Playwright Brendan Behan turned to a nun who was drawing his blood and said, "Bless you sister, may all your sons be bishops."

15. When Lady Nancy Astor woke up to find herself surrounded by family she said, "Am I dying or is it my birthday?" It wasn't her birthday.

16. Emily Dickenson said, "I must go in, the fog is rising."

17. Franklin Delano Roosevelt said, "I have a terrific headache."

18. Inventor of the lightbuld, Thomas Alva Edison said, "It is very beautiful over there."

19. When his daughter asked him to roll onto his side while he was sick, Benjamin Franklin said, "A dying man can do nothing easy."

20. Edward Gibbon said, "All is dark and doubtful."

21. O. Henry said, "Turn up the lights, I do not want to go home in the dark."

22. Victor Hugo said, "I see black light."

23. Thomas Hobbes said, "I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark."

24. John Adams said, "Thomas Jefferson still survives," which wasn't true because Thomas Jefferson had died earlier that same day on July 4th.

24. Thomas Jefferson said, "It is the fourth."

25. When asked on his deathbed to repudiate the devil, Enlightenment writer Voltaire said, "This doesn't seem like a good time to be making enemies."

26. As he was being stabbed to death by members of the Senate, Julius Ceaser looked to his friend Bruce among the them and said, "Et tu Brute?"

27. Roman Emperor Caligula, after being stabbed by his own gaurds shouted, "I am still alive!" Well... that didn't last long.

28. When her housekeeper started praying aloud, actress, Joan Crawford said, "Damn it... Don't you dare ask God to help me."

29. Queen Elizabeth I said, "All my possessions for a moment of time."

30. Former president, James K. Polk, said to his wife, "I love you Sarah. For all eternity. I love you."

31. Union General John Sedgwick looked across the confederate lines and said, "They couldn't shoot an elephant at this dist..."

32. Before being executed, convicted murderer, Thomas J. Grasso complained about his last meal saying, "I did not get my spaghetti-O's. I got spaghetti. I want the press to know that."

33. Before author, Earnest Hemingway commited suicide, he told his wife Mary, "Goodnight my kitten."

34. Famed director, Alfred Hitchcock said, "One never knows the ending. One has to die to know exactly what happens after death, although Catholics have their hopes."

35. As he was dying on the cross, Jesus Christ said, "Father, Into thy hands I commend my spirit."

36. Julius Rosenburg, before being executed for high treason said, "We are innocent. That is the whole truth. To forsake this truth is to pay too high a price even for the priceless gift of life. For life thus purchased, we could not live out in dignity."

37. His wife Ethel, before being executed said, "We are the first victims of American Fascism!"

38. Artist Pablo Picasso said, "Drink to me."

39. Author of the Sherlock Holmes books, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was sitting in his garden, looked to his wife and said, "You are wonderful."

40. Conrad Hilton said, "Leave the curtains on the inside of the tub." If I were him though, I would have said "Keep my granddaughter Paris away from a video camera."

41. Roman Emperor Vespasian said, "Woe is me. Me thinks I am turning into a God."

42. Artist, Vincent Van Gogh, while on his deathbed, turned to his brother Theo and said, "The sadness will last forever."

43. When her sister asked if she wanted anything, author, Jane Austin said, "Nothing but death."

44. Eugene O'Neil said, "I knew it! I knew it! Born in a hotel room, and Goddamnit, dying in a hotel room!"

45. Writer Paul Claudel wasn't so lucky with his last words because he said, "Doctor, do you think it was the sausage?"

46. When his nurse told him he was getting better, Henrik Ibsen said, "Quite the contrary."

47. When asked by her husband how she was feeling, Elizabeth Barret Browning said, "Beautiful

48. When writer Lope De Vega was told he was going to die he said, "Okay, I'll say it. Dante makes me sick."

49, When Karl Marx was asked if he had any final words he said, "Go on! Get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough."

50. Ludwig Von Beethtoven said, "Friends applaud, the comedy is over."

Feel free to comment below if you know the famous last words of any famous people!