21 Fictional Places You Can Visit Right Now That Don't Require Transportation By A Spaceship Or Police Box

You might need an airplane to get there

260

1. "Star Trek"

Vasquez Rocks, 10700 Escondido Canyon Road, Agua Dulce. This location is used multiple times in the history but was first used in the scene from the episode “Arena” where Kirk fights the alien Gorn (that giant lizard man).

2. The Batcave from 1960’s Adam West TV Batman

3200 Canyon Drive, Los Angeles, CA. Holy cave sites, Batman!

3.The Forest Moon of Endor in "Star Wars", and "Jurassic Park"

The Lost World: Redwood National and State Parks, CA. Keep an eye out for Ewoks and T-Rexes!

4. "The Goonies"

Astoria, OR., where all of the kids’ houses still exist as well as the beach where you can look for One-Eyed Willie’s ship sailing to the horizon.

5. "Star Trek" i.e. the future birthplace of Captain Kirk

Riverside, Iowa where there’s a special dedication to the famous Star Fleet captain who started it all. Now all we’ve got to do is wait!

6. "Stranger Things"

Mostly filmed in Georgia where you can visit the quarry (also seen in The Walking Dead and Mockingjay: Part 1) at Bellwood Quarry, outside of Atlanta; the middle school filmed in Stockbridge, GA at the Patrick Henry High School; and the dreaded Hawkins Lab filmed at the former Georgia Mental Health Institute now part of Emory University’s Briarcliff campus.

7.The Tribute Training Center from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"

Found at the Marriott Marquis Hotel at 265 Peachtree Center Avenue NE in Atlanta, GA. The living quarters were filmed on the 10th floor. You know the bread is real in this place.

8. "Wet Hot American Summer"

Camp Towanda in Honesdale, PA. You can make it through the summer in one piece here, unless of course, you’re a leper… or fall into a puddle of toxic waste.

9.The Firehouse from "Ghostbusters"

The FDNY Ladder 8 firehouse at 14 North Moore Street on the corner of Varick Street in TriBeCa, NY. Who ya gonna call? I guess it depends on your emergency.

10. Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters from "X-Men"

Hatley Castle, British Colombia, Canada. It’s unclear if there’s actually a secret hangar under the basketball court but if you check it out let me know.

11. "Star Trek"

This is not so much a filming location as a tourist spot made just for Trekkies, so, now you actually step foot on Vulcan! Vulcan, Alberta that is. It’s dubbed the Star Trek capital of Canada. The 2,000 residents have taken advantage of their town’s name and they’ve built up their town as a memento to the famous franchise. A visit is definitely worth the bragging rights.

12. Luke’s Seclusion Island in "The Force Awakens" and "The Last Jedi"

Skellig Michael, an island six miles off the Irish coast in County Kerry near the town of Portmagee. There might not be any Porgs but there will be just as many Puffins!

13. "Game of Thrones"

This takes place in a lot of Northern Ireland if you can imagine the dragons. The Dark Hedges near the town of Ballymoney near the Causeway Coast, Northern Ireland and Larrybane headland along the coast near Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge are just two of hundreds of areas to roam in search of your favorite character’s corpse.

14.SHERLOCK’s 221B Baker Street

Filmed at 187 North Gower Street, London, England. Isn’t it obvious, Watson?

15. Hogwarts from Harry Potter

This castle was made piece by piece in several locations and depending on what movie you’re most attached to, you’ll come to find traveling around England quite a bit. However, some of the magic can be found at Christ Church College and Cathedral in Oxford where the staircase and the inspiration for the Great Hall are. The hallways in the first two movies were filmed in Gloucester Cathedral. The classrooms can be found in Lacock Abbey near Chippenham in Wiltshire. Other locations used to bring the school to life are at Bodleian Library of Oxford University, Fourth Form room of Harrow Old Schools in Greater London, and Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, England. Hermione’s going to have a field day at all these schools!

16. "Doctor Who"

Cardiff, Wales, Southerdown Beach in Vale of Glamorgan is where Ten said goodbye to Rose. Wow, who would’ve thought the sea could rise from all our tears like that?

17. "Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" AKA Middle Earth AKA New Zealand

There are structures and gardens that were built for the film that are still standing, so now you can visit places like Hobbiton to see the Hobbit Boles, The Green Dragon Inn, The Mill, or you can take a helicopter tour over the glacier-filled southern lakes to see Isengard and Lothlorien. You can also visit Mackenzie Country for the Battle of Penennor Fields. Legolas, what do your Elf eyes see?

18.Yavin IV from "Star Wars"

Vin IV from Star Wars, The Tikal National Park in Guatemala. Maybe you can find and ask the guy with the radar gun just how fast the Millennium Falcon was going.

19.Tatooine in "Star Wars"

Located at the Hotel Sidi Driss in Matamata, Tunisia and in the city of Ajim where you can find the Cantina. Hopefully you won’t cut anyone’s arm off while that catchy tune gets stuck in your head.

20. "Indiana Jones" and "The Last Crusade"

Find the Holy Grail at the famous Al Kazeneh Temple in Petra, Jordan. It was also in Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen. So if Shia is the bridge between these franchises can we expect him hop over to Star Wars too? Han Solo can always have more sons, just sayin’.

21. "Avatar" (the blue people not the air bender)

Pandora can be found at the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park in the Wulingyuan District in China. I don’t think there are any floating mountains or blue cat people but you’ll never know until you go searching for Unobtanium. This place will undoubtedly be more memorable than the epic movie!