Fiction on Odyssey: My Werewolf Story Ch.17

Where things get hairy. Literally.

48
WIkia

“Winning the battle does not mean you won the war. And yes, I am quoting.” ~Shamara

Shamara’s POV

It has only been an hour since we left and this guy is getting on my nerves. He has asked question after question nonstop. If he asks one more, I will shove a stick up his ass.

“When were you born? You look like an Aries or maybe a Pisces…”

That’s it. I have had enough.

I turned around where he had to either stop walking or run into me. I glared at him in annoyance. He stopped in front of me. “Why did we…Hey!”

I shoved him into the nearest tree and held him by the neck. I put my face close to his.

“Listen very closely. I don’t know who you are but you are getting on my last nerve. Don’t speak at all until I tell you to. We need to get to the cabin before they move her again. And I will not let anyone get in my way. Especially you. Are we clear?” I growled.

He grinned and tilted his head. “Damn. Sis, has a dark side. I like it but you need to work on your mean voice. It’s not quite there yet.”

“Do you think this is a laughing matter? This is serious. We have to get her and get back before someone finds out.” I have him a confused look before I continued. “Wait. Did you say sis?”

He smiled while I loosened my grip on him.

“Yep. It turns out I am your long-lost brother. My full name is Michael Jace Williamson. I went missing when you were three. I vaguely remember being called ‘MJ’ or something.”

My eyes got wide.

“So, it wasn’t just an imaginary friend like Mom was saying. You are my brother. I heard conversations over the years when our parents thought I was sleep.” I started walking again where we were walking beside each other. We walked in silence for a couple of minutes before Jace broke the silence.

“So, are you going to answer any of my questions?” I laughed and it felt like weight lifted off my shoulders.

“Yeah. I will. But first, we are here.”

“So, this is it?” Jace questioned.

“Yep” I popped.

We were looking at simple one-story house that sat in the middle of nowhere. Literally. Trees covered it from the outside and there wasn’t a town for miles. It was a brown tint that had washed out years ago. The door was still in tacked but everything else looked like it was falling apart. The way we could tell that we were in the right place, was that there was shiny new black SUVs parked on the side.

“How are we going to do this?” Jace asked.

“Well, for one, you are the distraction. So, get distracting. I will get our objective out. Go!”

“Wait! What? Shamara?”

I heard while I headed to the back of the house. I climbed the room and waited for Jace. I looked at where the guards came out and laughed. Jace danced around while shaking his butt at them and making stupid sounds. They looked at each other and started running after Jace. He ran off into the woods and that left me with one more guard inside. I jumped down to the porch and sneaked inside.

According to Salem, she was kept in the second door on the right. I looked around and couldn’t find the other guard. I entered her room and let my eyes adjust. They moved her to this location since she was being questioned after I left. I wished she would have told me and I would have helped her.

I looked around the dark room and headed to the closet. I slowly opened the door and was slammed into the floor with a gun to my face. I laughed and pushed at the guy on me. I flipped him over and held him down.

“I was hoping to get a hug or something after the trouble I had to go through to get here. But no. You just had to slam me into floor. That wasn’t very nice, Peter.” I got up and offered a hand up.

“Shamara? What are you doing here? It’s not safe for you. You need to leave before they come back.” Kathy whispered as she came out of the closet. Peter grabbed my hand and stood up. He looked at me and swept me into a hug. My eyes got big and I padded his back awkwardly.

“Ok, big feller. Let’s get out of here. We have to get you back before everyone finds out.” Peter stepped back and nodded. I took Kathy’s hand and let her out of the house into the forest to the supposed meeting spot me and Jace discussed earlier.

“Shamara. What is going on? Did Salem send you?” Kathy asked.

“One. I am saving your asses and second, yes he did.”

“How do you know my brother?” She continued.

“I’ll answer that when we get back. Now, hush. Jace is coming back any minute and we have to leave right away.” I said while looking around.

“Who is Jace?” She questioned again. She can’t help it can she. She has to know everything.

“He…” “I’m her brother.” I smiled at Jace while he walked to us. “Let’s go.”

“Your bother?” She said in wonder. I laughed and walked ahead.

Matt’s POV

“What is taking them so long?” I asked for the thousandth time while pacing the floor.

“They will be back any minute. Be patient, Matt.”

“But they should have been here by now. I’m going after them.” I headed to the door. Before I got there, Shawn grabbed me by the forearm and stopped me.

“Matt, you can’t go out there. Definitely not by yourself.”

“But…”

“He is right, you know.” I turned around to see my beautiful mate walking in the living room. I ran to her and picked her up into my arms. I twirled her around and kissed her like she was my last breath.

I pulled away while she was laughing and put her down. I put my forehead to hers and whispered, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too but we have company.” She looked into my eyes and smiled. I smiled back and turned to the two people that walked in behind my mate.

“Matt, I want you to meet my best friend, Kathy, and her brother, Peter. They are Salem’s siblings. We grew up together.”

“Wait. I hope you did not say ‘best friend’ because that role has been taken by me.” Chloe came in with Dawn behind her. Shamara ran to them and gave them the biggest bear hug someone like her could give. “Are ya’ll ok? I’ve been so worried.”

“Yes. No harm done that was permeant. But if you don’t mind I wish to breathe again.” Dawn wheezed out.

“Oh, sorry. I forgot how strong I got while I was gone.” She said sheepishly.

“And that is why I want an arm wrestling match to see who wins.” Salem said behind us. Ugh. When did he get here?

“You know I would win and don’t even try to deny it.”

Salem grinned. Like actually grinned. “Yes, mam.”

“Now, is everyone here?” I asked.

Shawn and Emily came closer to Shamara and greeted the two old friends.

Jace came in moments later with a map and Don followed behind him. He looked up and growled at the group beside me. The girl, Kathy, walked up with a bewildered look on her face. She got close to Don and whispered to him. He nodded and smiled. “Kathy? That is the prettiest name I’ve heard.” He grabbed her hip and pulled her to him. She gasped and growled at the same time.

Salem rubbed his eyes and said, “Shit. Of course, she finds her mate at the worst time and with a clown.”

We laughed at the comment and continued to work on our plan.