7 Reasons Why You NEED To Go To A Music Festival

Let a festival change your life

328
Cassie Thorson

What could possibly be better than a weekend spent listening to music, surrounded by love, and free of judgment? Well, I’m sure you can think of a few things actually, but if you’re an open-minded spirit that loves adventure like me, boy do I have an opportunity for you!

Here are seven reasons why you need to make it to a music festival sometime in your life.

1. It'll be the time of your life — guaranteed

I seriously cannot emphasize this point enough. Having an open mind towards new experiences and people (within reason) is one of the most life-changing lessons you can learn. It’s with experience that knowledge is planted inside your brain and blossoms with growth.

2. The community is unreal

Never have I ever felt more surrounded by love, although I was entirely surrounded by strangers. Sure, most of them were on a substantial amount of drugs, but they were fun, accepting, and bursting with altruism—just my kind of people.

3. You need to experience music on this level

We all know how beautiful music is, yet live it’s even better — an out-of-body experience. Throw some beautiful colors and a crazy light show.

4. Dance dance dance!

There is nothing more freeing than dancing to music and letting your body move to the groove.

5. It's an escape from reality

This weekend is perfect for you to forget about the world for just a little while, something EVERYONE needs every once in awhile.

6. It's the perfect experience for you and your friends

A weekend getaway to be as crazy as you want with the best people in the world. What could go wrong?

7. They are great for pictures

If you're into that kind of thing, festivals are the perfect place to spice up your social media page with beautiful pictures of even more beautiful memories.