15 Empowering Quotes For The Upcoming Women's March

This march is meant to show solidarity and support for minorities.

93
Shaylee Navarro

This is the 3rd annual women's march that's been since the Trump presidency-- a symbol of women (and their supporting allies) rallying together to show that they will not stand for the bigotry that is the patriarchy.

This year, the official date is Saturday, January 19. If you need more information about the nearest location of a march near you, it can be found here. With that said, there is at least a week to prepare, so gather your friends (if you haven't already), your camera, and your poster---especially get ready with poster ideas/designing.

My first Women's March, last year, I remember staying up until 4 am trying to finish my poster with my roommate (and only getting a couple hours of sleep since we had to leave by 8), but looking back on it I don't regret it-- that day was honestly one of the most memorable that I've had, from hearing the inspiring speeches that had me tearing up to being in awe of the thousands of people present in the march--ranging from different sexes, races, cultures, identities, and backgrounds.

At that moment I remember being incredibly proud of being a Mexican-American; having nothing to do with how the government was running, but witnessing citizens rising up against a hopeless America.

The Women's March is meant to unite individuals-- a march specifically meant to have their stories be told-- from women, immigrants, the LGBTQ+ community, religious backgrounds. It's a march meant to support these people and show your solidarity. The march is not meant to only show your support for women, but for all minority backgrounds.

With that said, the biggest regret that I had of last year's march was the last minute poster making-- mostly because I had no idea of what to specifically put on my poster. So below is a list of 15 inspiring feminist quotes that you can put on your poster for the upcoming march!

1. "I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay."

-Madonna

2. "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."

-Madeleine Albright

3. "To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams."

-Hillary Clinton

4. "We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced."

-Malala

5. "Women have not been heard or believed if they dared to speak their truth to the power of those men. But their time is up."

-Oprah

6. "Here in America, we don't give in to our fears. We don't build up walls to keep people out."

-Michelle Obama

7. "One-hundred percent."

-Dr. Christine Blasey Ford

8. "I'm tired of being treated like a second-class citizen."

-Rosa Parks

9. "Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world." 

-Marilyn Monroe

10. "I am a feminist. I'm proud to be a feminist." 

-Justin Trudeau

11. "There's something so special about a women who dominates in a man's world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness and the nerve to never take no for an answer."

-Rihanna

12. "Women don't have to be controlled."

-Emma Watson

13. "I've never been interested in being invisible and erased."

-Laverne Cox

14. "I’m a feminist. I’ve been a female for a long time now. It’d be stupid not to be on my own side.”

-Maya Angelou

15. "Feminism is not a dirty word. It does not mean you hate men. It does not mean you hate girls that have nice legs and a tan, and it does not mean you are a bitch or a dyke, it means you believe in equality.”

-Kate Nash