A Letter To The Girl Who Doesn't Feel Like She's Enough

An Open Letter To The Girl Who Doesn't Feel Like She's Enough, From A Girl Who's Totally Been There

You are enough, you will always be enough.

3617
Taylor Fabian

Hey Sis,

Can I call you that without knowing most of you who end up finding my article, deep on the web or even right on the top of my Facebook timeline?

I had an epiphany last night and re-lived moments throughout my life that I lived in doubt.

Times I doubted myself, and most importantly, the times that I never felt like I was enough- whether that be in relationships, friendships, body image, societal standards, and with family.

The constant gut feeling that someone is watching you, waiting for you to mess up, or the constant gut feeling that someone is out there better than you. I am here to tell you, with all of the love in the world, coming from a girl who use to feel just like you- to stop with the negative mindset.

Love yourself. You're amazing, intelligent, and a light in this world. Most of the time you don't even realize this.

I was the girl who struggled with accepting herself and all of the flaws that come with me. Throughout the years, I learned to accept who I am and where I am in my life. I'm not perfect.

I don't have the most flawless skin, the perfect smile, the perfect hair, or even the most perfect body, but I still love me, for me, and you should love yourself too.

Everything about you makes you enough!

Practice not comparing yourself to others in a negative light, especially because the people you find so perfect, may actually be struggling and not feeling like enough.

It is important to remember that everything meant to be in your life, will come and will stay in your life when the time is right. You shouldn't need to fight in order to keep someone or even something in your life.

So, remember that the next time you are unhappy with yourself, going after someone who isn't that into you because you don't 'look' or 'act' a certain way.

Do not change yourself for them, don't let them make you feel like you are not enough, because you are, and you always will be enough for yourself and the people who truly care about you.

You deserve so much.

You deserve to smile.

You deserve to laugh.

You deserve to look in the mirror and be happy with who you have become, and where you are headed in your life.

You are enough.

You are enough, and no person gets to take that feeling away from you. Don't let any guy, girl, friend, family member, or societal standard ruin your beautiful image of yourself Sis.

With all the love,

A girl who has been there