7 Ways The Lazy College Girl Can Always Look Put Together

So you never have to sacrifice good style for more sleep.

142

When the assignments start to pile up and the hours slept grow fewer and fewer it can be easy for style to take the back burner. The good news, you don't have to forgo looking your best. Here are some ideas for my fellow serial snoozers to always feel put together with minimal effort.

Accessorizing can make all the difference 

You would be surprised the difference throwing on a bold necklace or a trendy hat can add. Simple touches like these can accent and completely transform your look in no time at all.

Plan your outfit ahead of time

Anyone else have a battlefield of clothing all over the floor from trying to get dressed in the morning? Planning your outfits the night before can save you from a major headache in the morning and can (almost) guarantee you'll always be on time.

Invest in basics

One of the smartest things you can do for your wardrobe is invest in some high-quality closet staples. Things like solid tees, jeans in various washes, a comfortable and stylish pair of shoes. With the frequency and ease, you can style basics, fast fashion doesn't last. Spending a bit extra on your wardrobe staples will absolutely save you in the long run.

Wrinkle resistant is the way to go

When shopping, try to keep an eye out for fabrics that won't wrinkle. Fabrics like denim, velvet, and polyester don't tend to crinkle or fold easily. Having more items made of these fabrics means less maintenance and no fear of showing anywhere in a wrinkly outfit.

Master the simple beauty routine

Having a signature makeup look that only takes a few steps down pat can be a game changer. Not only will it reduce the time it takes you to get ready (and give you more time to sleep) it can be a simple to boost your confidence and feel put together. Bonus points if you're able to do it on your way to class!

Start with a statement

In those moments where you are truly in a rush and can't seem to find something to wear fast enough, start with a statement pieces. Whether it's a bold jacket or a bright top, find a bold piece and build around it with basic items like a simple pair of shoes or denim anything.

Be bold

Bold items can seem intimidating but can be extremely easy to style. Adding a few adventurous pieces can be an effortless way to add some flair and feel on trend.