Quarantine Has Me Overthinking About What Is Going To Happen During My Freshman Year This Fall

Fears Of An Incoming Freshman

There are so many "what if" scenarios running through my head and it is freaking me out.

463
Fears Of An Incoming Freshman
@missouristate on Instagram

I have recently found myself becoming more and more fearful of starting college. Hearing different stories from friends who were freshmen in college this year has me wondering what I should expect and be prepared for.

I know I should be excited for this next chapter of my life and hopefully the best four years of my life, but I am a serious over-thinker and I can't help but focus on my fears.

My biggest fear of starting college is, "Am I going to have any friends?" I've been trying my best to make new friends by following people on Instagram and joining Missouri State's Odyssey group, but I worry no one is going to want to be around me once I get to college.

A couple of my really good friends are also going to MSU, but what if they make better friends and no longer want to hang out with me?

Deciding what I want to do with the rest of my life stresses me out. I've known since middle school that I want to do something in healthcare but there are dozens of different things I could do.

I thought I had decided on nursing and working toward becoming a nurse practitioner after nursing school, but I've seen so many people that are wanting to major in nursing that are going to be in my class that I don't even know if I would have a shot at getting into the nursing school.

I'm doing a random roommate assignment. I thought maybe it would allow me to at least have one new friend in college, but my overthinking is getting the best of me.

I remember my mom telling me that one of her friends in college got paired with a girl who performed some rituals and her friend was too scared to go to her own room.

One of my friends that was a freshman this year had a similar experience with her roommate. Her roommate made her so uncomfortable with the things she would say and do that she was also too scared to stay in her own room.

The school part of college also worries me. I've always been a decent student. I have kept a decent GPA and I haven't failed a class, but I am absolutely terrible at time management.

I am the CEO of procrastination. I wait until the last minute for everything and I have a feeling that writing a paper in two and a half hours, four hours before it's due isn't going to get me a 92. Maybe it will but I highly doubt it. I have a feeling my procrastination is going to be the death of me and my grades.

There are many more things that have me worried about college. I try not to focus on them all because I know I'll get overwhelmed and panic. I want these next four years to be the best time of my life and where I meet my best friends but I have my doubts. I need to focus on not overthinking and trying to make the best out of my time at college.