Don't Let Your Fear Of Embarrassment Prevent You From Taking Pictures To Last A Lifetime

Don't Let Your Fear Of Embarrassment Prevent You From Taking Pictures To Last A Lifetime

Whether it be a group photo that you ask a stranger to capture for you or a cute selfie, ALWAYS go for it!

24

You're in the middle of the perfect moment that you would like to last forever. Want to remember it forever? No worries! Just take out your phone and take the darn picture!

If only this were not easier said than done for some people. It is safe to say that at one point or another, we've all tried to capture the perfect picture but backed out due to embarrassment at the moment. Maybe people around you began to stare at you oddly, or perhaps you heard giggles directed towards you from the passers-by. Now, you're discouraged and your confidence is gone, so is a physical form of your memory. Is this really worth it though? Although the embarrassment may last a moment, the photo will last a lifetime. Whether it be a group photo that you ask a stranger to capture for you or a cute selfie, ALWAYS go for it!

I personally have wasted to much time in my life deciding whether or not to take a picture. I usually do the latter, and end up regretting it later. For me, it's not about having something to post on social media to brag to everyone, but rather a keepsake of the time I spent at a certain place with special people in my life. Years from now, I know I'll have my pictures to remind me of the feelings I had during certain experiences in my life. Even greater than that, I will be able to share these emotions and experiences with any new people who may come into my life for generations to come, all just by showing them a picture.

It is true that a picture is worth a thousand words. Don't let the fear of embarrassment take away what you have to say.