I Know I'm Biased But FGCU Is The Best College And Here Is Why

I could talk about FGCU all day but, after reading this, I think you'll get the point.

72
FGCU on Instagram

1. There are dozens of ways to reach out on campus!

Either with clubs, service learning, or even volunteering, there are so many ways we can reach out to our community and touch so many lives. FGCU provides so many resources, ask someone and I can assure you they will point you in the right direction with a smile on their face!

2. There are so many ways to make new friends, it's astonishing!

From getting involved with new clubs, or hanging out at the library lawn, you will always make new friends. Maybe even riding the shuttle to and from classes, you will make new friends and who knows, they might even become your best friends.

3. There are very unique spots!

What other universities can you go to that has hammocks hanging on trees like it's a natural thing? Or gators that become famous? Almost none. There are also those famous "photo spot" signs on campus!

4. There are endless campus jobs to chose from!

Oh, you want to work around food? Well, there's the famous Chick-Fil-A, Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, BYOB, Einsteins and more! Want to help students with their writing? There's the writing center! Want to share your love for FGCU and help others in the process? You can be a tour guide, orientation leader, or even an RA!! Love athletics? There's campus recreation! And so many more!

5. The dorms!

Always had to share a room with your sibling? Not anymore! With FGCU, you can choose your own dorm, share a dorm with a roommate or two, but you will always have your own room! What gets better than that? Probably free food or hibernation, but that's okay.

6. The professors WANT to get to know you!

If you are searching for a college where professors know you by name and not a number, FGCU is the best fit for you. Walking into my biology class, I was scared with how big it was and that Professor Rivera would not know me by name. I was quickly wrong, she actually reads my articles and knows me by name which made me love the class even more. Not only is it Professor Rivera but also Professor Vallier, and even faculty, like Corin the Step Ahead Coordinator, supporting me as well! Imagine having that but with every single class, it is a great feeling!

7. School pride!

You have most likely heard of FGCU students as Dirty Birds. Do not shake your head at the name, we are actually pretty crazy! And we will go WILD for our team! There is no student section like the Dirty Bird section.

8. The study spots are extraordinary!

Whether you want Starbucks or want to just be in the quiet, the library has your back. Or if you want to look more over the school, the Cohen Center's balcony has your back!

9. It may be #15 on the best colleges in Florida but it'll be the #1 college in my heart!

FGCU has given me so many opportunities but at the end of the day, this is more than a college. This is my home and I will be forever grateful that I chose FGCU to call home.