A Few Of My Favorite Sounds

A Few Of My Favorite Sounds

The Most Satisfying Yet

723
A Few Of My Favorite Sounds
google.com

A lot of us take the simplest of sounds for granted. Sounds that are nostalgic, and soothing, and even satisfying. So I've decided to compile a list of a few of my favorite sounds:

1. That soft prickly sound a record player makes

Music is something I have always been passionate about, but I love love love this soft prickly sound tremendously. I'm glad I have my own record player to hear this satisfying static -- and the music of course -- at any time.

2. The Starz Channel theme (only on Sundays)

Whenever I hear the Starz Channel theme it can only mean one thing: Outlander! I binged watched the first two seasons of Outlander for the first time in a matter of weeks; so I guess I was conditioned to get excited whenever I heard it because I knew that for the next hour(s), I'd be watching my favorite show.

(P.S. It's only the first three seconds in this video. I couldn't find the shortened version.)

3. Thunderstorms

I think this could be best explained in a previous article of mine, Finding Solace in Thunderstorms.

4. Wind chimes

For as long as I can remember, there have been a set of hanging wind chimes in my backyard. Since my bedroom window faces the backyard, I always loved hearing them when the wind picks up. It's a very soothing sound.

5. Chirping birds in early Spring mornings

The sound of birds singing in the morning is always a peaceful way to wake up. The mellow and tranquil chirping often reminds me that in the end, everything will be okay.

6. The crunching leaves make when you step on them

It is no secret that my favorite season is Autumn. There is much to admire about that time of year: Halloween, the crisp air, apple & pumpkin picking, and of course, the falling leaves.

7. Heels on concrete

This reminds me of New York City for some reason; a fashion capital of the world. So every time I hear a person walking in heels, I imagine they are about to make power moves in every way possible.

8. A crackling fire

The crackling of fires is simply a beautiful sound. Not to mention completely satisfying. Every time I hear it I just have the urge to relax in a cabin for a weekend.

9. Sleigh bells

I associate sleigh bells with one of my favorite Christmas movies, The Polar Express. They're pretty symbolic in that movie. I also always think of twinkly lights, and being all warm and cozy inside.

10. Crowds at concerts

You know that moment when you're at a concert and the lights starts to dim, indicating that the band is about to come out on stage? That's when the crowd gets louder and goes insane. You also can't forget about those moments when the intro to an iconic song starts, and everyone starts to sings at the top of their lungs. It's a collective feeling of excitement and adrenaline rushing through your veins.

I hope this list relates to some of your favorite sounds. Happy listening!