My Favorite Song From Each Taylor Swift Album

Did I mention I used to have a Taylor Swift shrine?

120

Taylor Swift has forever been on of my favorite artists. She began recording in 2006, when I was only six years old, and her latest album, “Lover", just came out last week. She will always hold a special place in my heart due to the fact that she was the first ever concert I went to. I, personally, believe that each of her albums are amazing and find it hard to find a song that I don't like. However, I do have a few favorites. Here are my favorites from each album.

'Mary’s Song (Oh My My My)'

This song comes from Taylor's debut album, 'Taylor Swift", from this album we get a lot of iconic songs like 'Teardrops on My Guitar' and 'Our Song'. 'Mary's Song (Oh My My)' is a song detailing young love. The song begins by explaining how two young people met in their childhood and then goes on to explain their life through the years, how they got together, their first fight, and ends with them still being together at 87 and 89. Overall, it's an extremely cute song and definitely one of my favorites.

The Way I Loved You

'The Way I Loved You' comes from Taylor Swift's album, 'Fearless". The song is about Taylor comparing her goody-two shoes current boyfriend to her ex boyfriend who has much more of a impulsive, crazy person but made her feel a lot more than her current boyfriend. The song's chorus and rhythm makes it an extremely catchy tune and that's why it's my favorite from 'Fearless'.

Long Live

"Long Live' is a song of the album 'Speak Now'. This album was the one that launched my Taylor Swift obsession. I think 'Long Live' is my favorite song from the album because it's kinda a different song from Taylor Swift. It's not really a love song, it's a nostalgic song about looking back at their glory days. She compares things like baseball hat to crowns, making the whole song a metaphor about your glory days being like a fantasy, something that hit me hard after I graduated high school.

The Lucky One

'The Lucky One' is from Taylor Swift's album 'Red'. Not only is it my favorite song off of the album, it is probably my all time favorite song. The song is about a celebrities who had all the fame and then decided to off the grid and live her life away from all the camera lights. The deepness of the lyrics and the backtrack makes it become something of a masterpiece. I saw her preform 'The Lucky One' live when she came to Tacoma for the 'Red' tour and it is something that I will always have cemented in my brain.

Clean

'Clean' id from the album '1989'. When '1989' came out, I was in the thick of my softball career. I can remember getting the CD from my parents for Christmas and every single time that my mom would drive me to softball practice, we would be listening to '1989'. 'Clean' was the last song off of the CD and I remember changing the CD to song 13 each time I got in the car. 13 was a special number because it was Taylor Swift's favorite.

Delicate 

'Delicate" comes from Taylor's album, 'reputation'. I really like the backtrack to this song, it's kinda different vibe from the rest of the songs on this list. The song is about the beginning of a new relationship when some things are still delicate. The song also has some really catchy lyrics and I like that it includes the word reputation, which is the name of the album.

The Man

'The Man' is from the latest Taylor Swift album, 'Lover'. I really like this song because it's about how different Taylor and other woman would be treated if they were men. Not only are the lyrics fun and informative, but the rhythm and backtrack is pretty dope. I think this song comes in perfect time, especially with all the discourse about the USWNT and how much less they are payed than the men's soccer team.

All together, Taylor Swift is and has always been one of my favorite artists. She gets a lot of hate and sometimes I get some hate for liking her, but in all honestly I don't care. She is an amazing person and artist who has written some catchy songs.