My All-Time Favorite Homemade Smoothie Bowl Recipe

My favorite berry-banana-peanut butter combo ever!

999
Photo by Grace Connors

Over the past two years, I have become a smoothie addict. Smoothie-making is almost a daily ritual in my family's house when I am home and in my apartment at school. We are constantly restocking the fridge and pantry with all of our favorite essentials.

Since being at school, I have gotten more into the habit of making my smoothies bowls rather than just straight smoothies to liven things up and get some more calories in. Here is my favorite smoothie bowl blend ever.

Ingredients:

Frozen Berry Mix

1-2 Bananas

Yogurt - I typically use some form of oat or coconut yogurt, typically vanilla or strawberry flavored. Anything your heart desires should work though, this is mainly for thickness and smoothness!

Peanut Butter - I like to use all-natural peanut butter, typically Crazy Richard's or Smucker's. I also always use creamy!

*Some type of liquid as needed. I prefer oat milk, I always have it on hand just in case I messed up my ratio that day and the smoothie is taking extra long to break down and blend.

Granola - I use KIND Peanut Butter Clusters.

Larabar cut up - I use the Cashew Cookie flavor but you could definitely mix it up or even use another type of bar like a GoMacro bar!

Whipped Cream (if you're feeling spicy)

Personally, these are ingredients I almost always have on hand.

Directions:

1. Blend berries, 1/2-1 banana, yogurt, and peanut butter. If having difficult blending, add your backup liquid.

2. Cut up Larabar.

3. Pour smoothie blend into a bowl.

4. Top with granola, Larabar, remaining banana, extra peanut butter if you feel so inclined, and whipped cream!

5. Enjoy:)

Grace Connors

I hope you love this smoothie as much as I do, and maybe even add your own variations!