My Top 3 Favorite 'Pretty Basic' Podcast Episodes That Will Keep You Intrigued From Start To Finish

Calling all podcast listeners - "Pretty Basic" will be your new favorite pastime!

55

One of my favorite podcasts ever has always been "Pretty Basic"! Pretty Basic stars Remi Ashten Cruz and Alisha Marie, two Youtube creators. "Pretty Basic" kicked off in October of 2018, and I have been listening ever since. There's always tea being spilled, and these two ladies have such great energy when talking about it all. If you start this podcast off from the very beginning, you'll hear stories of first dates, party adventures, and celebrity gossip.

1. "Content, Baby, Content"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsbMqEuHOTV/

This is the second official episode of "Pretty Basic," and it features the struggles of how hard it can be meeting new people (especially first-date wise) when you have a following and an audience. Remi speaks out about how she met a guy who took advantage of her following and her tips to help his social media grow and basically just stirred the pot on that entire situation.

2. "Weight Loss and Slut-Shaming"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvhV1YshtEF/

Some background for this episode is that Remi Ashten basically went through a massive turnaround in lifestyle where she lost 70 pounds. One of the biggest hardships talked about was how Remi made it look so easy, which was difficult for her viewers because she has a middle school to college-age following, and this is a huge struggle. Pretty Basic's episode discussed how her feelings are valid and how people can hide behind their screens. The girls also discuss Remi's struggles throughout the weight loss and how sometimes you just aren't built the way you want to look like.

3. "Don't Mix Business With Pleasure"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEp-CBqJj0F/

This podcast episode is another one of my favorites because it reflects on cancel culture and the overall drama that celebrities are going through. I won't ruin the tea, but some of my favorite stories I heard were based on one of the Kardashians, Hillary Duff, and Lana Del Rey. One thing I do mostly agree with is how cancel culture can be so toxic, and sometimes, we can simply just not support someone by unfollowing, unsubscribing, and not idolizing the person.