I Asked 35 People What Their Favorite Pick-Me-Up Songs Were, And I'll Definitely Be Adding Some To My Playlist

Maybe you'll find your next go-to happy song, too.

72
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

Each week our org's editor-in-chief sends out a newsletter with topics to write about, information from HQ, and things like that. At the end of her emails, she always poses a question for us writers to answer in our group chat to start some conversation. This week the question was "what song always makes you happy?"

After reading some of my peer's responses, I got to thinking, does everyone have a pick-me-up song, and if so, what are their favorite ones? I set up some polls to see, and the short answer is yes, it seems that most people do have go-to songs that they listen to when they need cheering up.

I thought it would be fun to compile a list of what people said their pick-me-up songs were so that next time I, or anyone else for that matter, is feeling down, they have plenty of songs they can turn to.

Here were their favorites:

1. "I Would Die 4 U" — Prince

2. "Hayloft" — Mother Mother

3. "No Rain" — Blind Melon

4. "Nine In The Afternoon" — Panic! At The Disco

5. "Bones" — Galantis (feat. One Republic)

6. "Party In The U.S.A." — Miley Cyrus

7. "Trust In You" — Lauren Daigle

8. "Oasis" — Kalley

9. "Hall of Fame" — The Script feat. will.i.am

10. "Three Little Birds" — Bob Marley & The Wailers

11. "Take On Me" — a-ha

12. "joy." — For KING & COUNTRY

13. "What Makes You Beautiful" — One Direction

14. "Best Of My Love" — The Emotions

15. "'Cuz I Can" — P!nk

16. "One Dream" — Lou Gramm

17. "Sunday Best" — Surfaces

18. "Everything" — Lauren Daigle

19. "The (After) Life Of The Party" — Fall Out Boy

20. "Wait a Minute!" — Willow Smith

21. "O-o-h Child" — The Five Stairsteps

22. "Madness" — Hunter Hayes

23. "Rain on Me" — Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga

24. "Paper Rings" — Taylor Swift

25. "Have It All" — Jason Mraz

26. "This Must Be The Place" — Talking Heads

27. "Hymm For The Weekend" — Coldplay

28. "Boogie Oogie Oogie" — A Taste of Honey

29. "Get Back Up Again" — Anna Kendrick

30. "3:15" — Bazzi

31. "no body, no crime" — Taylor Swift feat. HAIM

32. "L.A. Woman" — The Doors

33. "Shake It Out" — Florence + The Machine 

34. "Friends, Funk & Liquor" — Sam Lachow feat. Ariana DeBoo

35. "Build Me Up Buttercup" — The Foundations