14 Everyday Makeup Products To Improve Your Beauty Routine

Ever needed makeup recommendations? Well, here are some of mine!

229

I have a lot of makeup products, but there are just some products that hold a special place in my heart that I use for everyday makeup looks, special occasion looks, and going out looks. I use a wide range of makeup from drug store to high end and shop from places like Ulta, but also Walmart. Here are some of my favorite makeup products I use, in no particular order, and why I think they're some of the best of the best and where you can find them was well.

1. Morphe 35o Palette

I love love LOVE this palette. I ended up getting it for a steal off a resale website and it was never used or even taken out of the package! I had always heard such great things about it and let me tell you, the critiques were not wrong.The best part about this palette is its colors and also its pigmentation. I have created some of my best looks with this palette and I find myself using it for any occasion. Whether you're looking for a simple eye look or a dramatic, smokey eye, this palette can accomplish all of that! Morphe palettes are available in select Ulta stores online and in store, just check in with your local store to see if they have it! You can also find it on http://morphebrushes.com, where you can find these palettes for $22-$30! That's such a steal for how many swatches are available in each one!

2. NYX Liquid Matte Eyeliner

Once you use liquid eyeliner, it's almost impossible to go back to anything else. I LOVE liquid eyeliner because it just is so much easier to apply to your eyelid and it gives you a flawless look every time, no matter the look you're trying to go for. My favorite liquid liner is the NYX Liquid matte eyeliner. I have never used any other kind of liquid liner since using this one. First of all, the brush is super thin, but not too thin, that it's easy to create straight lines and if you're trying to do a wing, it doesn't get chunky or go all over the place. Also, it's matte, which means that it will hold in place VERY well, whether you use a setting spray or not. The other best part about it? It's super cheap! It's only $7 at your local Ulta or drugstore such as CVS or Walgreens.

3. NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick

As you can tell, I really love NYX products. They're some of my favorite to use (and there are more coming up in this article), but in reality, it's the only brand I will really use and that's because they just have great products! The only lipsticks, stains, and glosses that I will ever use is from the NYX line of lip colors. My favorite kind that they have come out with is the liquid suede. I'm in show choir, so I need a long lasting lip color that won't sweat off and will stay on pretty well if I have to take a drink. This lip color not only looks super smooth on your lips, but it also is pretty hard to rub off! Plus, there is a wide range of colors like blue, brown, nudes, and reds! They also range from $5-$8 at your local Ulta or drugstore!

4. Urban Decay Eye Primer

I am very picky on my eye primer because my eyes are my favorite part of my face and I love doing my eye makeup. So, I want to make sure that my eyes are properly taken care of, so I want to make sure I use an eye primer that isn't chunky and will keep the colors on my eyes. Urban Decay has the perfect set of eye primers. I like to use the original eyeshadow primer potion because it's just a neutral nude color that goes onto the eye and blends in with any skin tone. I'm a bit on the darker side and it works just fine for me. Now, this is where we get a little pricier. Urban Decay Eye Primers can range from $22-$24 at Ulta or UrbanDecay.com. However, I think it's worth it because it lasts me quite a while and makes my eyeshadow look great!

5. NYX Pore Filler Primer

NYX has a lot of great primers that I've used, but the Pore Filler is my absolute FAVORITE. First of all, let me say this about your pores: you can't actually get rid of them. The size your pores are now are the size that they will always be, BUT this primer fills in your pores and makes them look almost invisible once you add foundation. It also is a super light cream that feels like lotion on your skin and it doesn't dry it out. I would say it's in the middle of the price range with a solid price of $13-$14. You can find this product wherever NYX products are sold (like I said before Ulta, Walgreens, CVS, etc).

6. L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

I have used a lot of different mascaras, but this one is at the TOP of my list. Not only does it come in a super cute pink tube, but it makes you look super cute too! (Cheesy, I know). This mascara gives instant volume to your lashes and I have had several people ask me if I was wearing fake eyelashes (hint, I wasn't)! I think this mascara is WAY better than the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara because it lasts a lot longer and just always added instant volume every time you use it. No clumps, no mess, and no runny mascara either. It also as the perfect price of $10 and you can find it at Ulta or your local drugstore!

7. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

I have never used high-end/expensive foundations, and I don't think that I ever will. The Fit Me foundation line has such a wide array of foundation colors that could literally fit any skin type. It has both a dewy and matte option as well. The one that I use is the FitMe Matter + Poreless Foundation. Not only does it feel great on my skin and make my skin feel great, but it also helps hide those pesky pores and makes my skin look (almost) flawless. This foundation is super cheap (around $8) and can be found at your local drugstore or Ulta. However, for a wide array of colors, you'll have to go to Walmart or Ulta.

8. Covergirl CG Concealer

When it comes to concealer, I'm really not that picky as long as the shade goes well with my skin and it's easy to apply. The concealer that I've used for years is the Covergirl CG Concealer. It looks just like a tube of lipstick, so its super easy to apply and you never have to worry about putting too much on because it's not a liquid. You can drag, dot, line, whatever you want with it! It also lasts for a REALLY long time, so it won't run out after just a month! Also, like I said I like to buy cheap, it's only about $8 at Ulta or Walmart!

9. Ulta Mineral Blush

This is a recent favorite of mine. Have you ever used a lot of Ulta's brand products? Because a lot of them are actually really great! I just bought this about a month ago in a dark purple/plum color, and I love it! The minerals in the blush make for great pigmentation on your cheeks and it doesn't take much on your brush to get great color! It's also very cheap at Ulta and depending on which blush you get, it's only $6-$8. Also, the best part about Ulta is that Ulta brand products are ALWAYS Buy two get one free! Sometimes it's even Buy Two get Two free.

10. L.A. Girl Pressed Powder

This is what I use to bronze my face with. It goes on super great and looks fabulous with my skin color and I use the True Bronze color. It doesn't take much on your skin for a great look or finish. It can be used both as a face powder and also as a bronzer, which is mainly what I use it for. It can also be used as a quick contour for people who aren't the best with contour (like me). It is very cheap and I usually find mine at Ulta or Walgreens for only $4!

11. Maybelline Highlighter

Okay, but, hear me out: this is the BEST highlighter I have ever used on my face. It looks absolutely STUNNING on any color and with any blush combination. It's called the FaceStudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter. Once you get a little on your brush, I'm telling you it only takes one stroke to apply. You could probably see this highlighter from space if I'm being honest because that's how much it really makes my face glow. You can purchase this at Ulta or Walmart for $10.

12. ELF Setting Powder

I'm very picky when it comes to my setting powder because sometimes it just won't come off my face after baking. Some I have used just stay in that spot or clump up with my foundation, which is a big no for me. So, I turned to Walmart to find some drugstore brands I might like and I found the Elf High Definition Setting Powder. I've had it for a long time and I love it because it's light on my skin, comes off when it's supposed to, and leaves me glowing. You can get this at Walmart or Target for around $6.

13. Fake Eyelashes

I have recently gotten into wearing fake eyelashes because of how many times I have to wear them to perform, so I figured I would try both high-end lashes and also a pair of cheaper ones. While I do like the Tarte Tarteist Pro Cruelty Free Lashes (the Goddess ones) I do have to say that Ardell Demi Wispies Naturals are my favorite. They bend so well to your eyes and are so easy to apply. They also look super natural and don't look out of the ordinary or naturally too long. They're also super lightweight and don't feel like your eyes are being worn down or give you a headache (which I have come to find happens with some pairs of eyelashes). You can pick these up at any high-end makeup store or any drugstore for around $10 for a multipack or $4 for one pair.

14. Ulta Dewy Setting Spray

I love a dewy finish to my makeup, so I always use the Ulta Dewey Setting Spray after I am fully done with my makeup look. It's super lightweight and won't leave your skin feeling sticky at all and will truly keep your makeup in place. Like I said, I dance and perform a lot, so I have to make sure my makeup 1) looks greats and that 2) it stays in place. This setting spray definitely does that. You can pick up this setting spray too at Ulta for $10.