To High School Teacher That Still Means So Much In College, Thank You

I could never say thank you enough.

1843

Five years ago, I was a sophomore in your world history class, now I am a college junior, but you are still my favorite teacher of all time. Not because of the class you taught, but the way you taught it and the way you interacted with your students.

Thank you for being a real, honest person.

For being someone we could talk to, instead of someone who was so far above us. Your class was still a place of learning, but it was a relief to walk into your room second period, it improved my mood instead of dragging it down.

I enjoyed your teaching so much that I almost took an AP class, that I did not need, to have you as a teacher again.

You made lectures fun and interesting without taking them too seriously. You worked really hard to make personal connections with your students, that you maintained even when they left your class.

When I graduated high school, I had every intention of being a veterinarian, and you were a staff member that I honestly considered a friend. Now I sit here, three semesters away from graduating with a degree in elementary education, and you are an inspiration.

Not an inspiration on teaching 10th graders world history, but an inspiration on how to treat your students and how to make connections with them. How to make a lasting impact on people. I want to teach kindergarten so it's really not the same situation and same type of connections, but you are an inspiration nonetheless.

Thank you for being a person that makes a lasting impact on your students' lives, in the best way possible.

I won't forget your second-period world history class, especially as a future teacher. I appreciate the effort you put forth, both academically and interpersonally. So, thank you for being a class I took as an easy A, but for making it one I will never forget.

Thank you for going above and beyond what it means to be an educator.