New York Fashion Week FW19 As A Backstage Dresser

A week of beautiful collections.

78

As I got off the train, I knew it would be an iconic weekend. After every season of New York Fashion Week, I always find myself anticipating the next season. It has been a year since I began as a Backstage Crew Member and Dresser for Fashion Week, and I still find myself counting down the days until I get to step backstage to see the new collections each season.

I arrived in New York City on Friday and my first show was Jeremy Scott. I was insanely excited for this show, as Jeremy has such a creative vision that is always represented beautifully throughout his collections. With a black and white theme this season, his collection was different than the colorful themes he is known for but did not stray away from creativity at all.

Following the Jeremy Scott show, I knew I had to get back to my hotel as I had a full day of shows the following day. On Saturday, I began with Bibhu Mohapatra—a brand I have been dressing for since I started dressing for Fashion Week that I always anticipate going to. The designs are always very colorful and empowering. After this show, I grabbed a quick lunch at an Italian restaurant by Chelsea Piers and was off to my next show—Longchamp.

The Longchamp show was absolutely stunning. With such delicate and sleek looks, the entire collection flowed very well together and contributed to the absolutely stunning venue. Right after Longchamp, I knew I needed to head to my next show, John Elliott, which happened to be in Brooklyn. Let me just say, this show was genius. The garments in the collection presented a mix of streetwear and luxury fashion, and the collection came together beautifully.

This morning was my last show this season, and although I was very excited about the show, this day was very bittersweet. As it is the last show of Fashion Week I was dressing for this season, I knew I would have to head back to Syracuse University right after, although the show immediately lifted my mood. Rebecca Minkoff presents beautiful collections, and this seasons collection was extremely beautiful, empowering, and sleek.

After the Rebecca Minkoff show, I knew it was time to leave, and immediately anticipated the next season of New York Fashion Week. It was a very successful weekend of shows, and I cannot wait to see what these designers present next season.