Carrie Bradshaw's Lasting Fashion Influence

5 Times Carrie Bradshaw Predicted 2018 Fashion Trends

Calling all my fashion lovers and "Sex and the City" enthusiasts.

682
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Sarah_Jessica_Parker#/media/File:Sarah_Jessica_Parker_on_the_set_of_%22Sex_and_the_City_II%22.jpg

Do you ever channel Carrie Bradshaw when picking out your outfit for the day or a special occasion? Can you relate to my dream of owning every single piece that Carrie Bradshaw ever owned?

I mean, talk about a fashion icon. Bradshaw even killed it in nothing but a blue jacket and rhinestone underwear for Dolce & Gabbana - something none of us could ever pull off.

And remember when Carrie spent $40,000 on designer shoes, but didn't have enough money to pay her rent? Yeah...not exactly a practical reality, but maybe a dream.

Carrie Bradshaw lives every young girl's dream life. She has an amazing closet, knows the most attractive guys in New York and has a dream job; although, I am not sure I would want to be a sex columnist, but maybe a journalist for a magazine, so kind of the same thing, right? Some days I feel like I am living her life when I'm sitting in my room writing my own blog posts.

As as result of my admitted "Carrie obsession," I have come to the realization that I have filled my camera roll full of screenshots of her outfits from over the years. Interestingly, her outfits from 15 to 20 years ago always seem to include something that is a current fashion trend and other staple pieces.

I am not sure I would buy any of these pieces at the designer prices Carrie would pay, but plenty of stores sell these five fashion trends that Carrie predicted for more reasonable prices. Check out the items below and see how many you currently have in your closet.

1. Oval tinted sunglasses

Go to any accessory store and try not to find a pair of these glasses. You will not be able to do it. Ranging in prices from $5 to upwards of $200, you can easily find and add this trademark of Carrie's style to your look.

2. Square neck strappy dresses

Flattering on many different body types, the square neck strappy dress is a favorite among college girls who need an outfit for a sorority semi formal or a night out with friends.

3. Lace-up shoes

These shoes are literally everywhere. From high heels to platforms and flats, the lace-up trend is hot right now. You can dress them up or down. Carrie was spot on when predicting this trend.

4. Oversized tops

Oversized tops as dresses or with leggings, you really cannot go wrong. Just be sure to belt it just like Carrie to keep it on trend.

5. Circle belts

Investing in a well-made neutral circle belt may be one of your wisest choices. Carrie helped to make these belts a timeless trend.

The bottom line is when it comes to fashion, sometimes the best inspiration comes from a fashion icon from the past. Carrie Bradshaw's fashion influence began 20 years ago and her fashion choices are honestly just as relevant today as they were back then.

Now, who's up for a "Sex and the City" reunion?