A Shirt Dress Is The Smartest Fashion Investment You Will Make This Fall

Channel your inner #ChristianGirlAutumn this season

89

It's officially "wear a sweater in the morning and regret it by the afternoon" type of weather here in sunny Los Angeles, which leaves many of us torn between chunky knit sweaters and classic monotone crewnecks when laying out our daily wardrobes.

If you're tired of having to stick with short sleeve shirts under campus hoodies with your comfy Lululemon leggings as your "go-to" uniform, allow me to introduce to you—the Shirt Dress.

An inevitable closet staple, the shirt dress features vibrant colors, flowy and breathable fabrics with a eye-catching swish upon each step. With some meticulous planning and the addition of some seasonal accessories, however, it can offer just the perfect amount of coverage and versatility for the Autumnal season.

Check out some of my favorite outfit looks:

Refined yet polished: layered under a camel trench coat with a nude stiletto and Anna Wintour-esque sunglasses. 

A Parisian in America Blog

Casual: paired with a comfy pair of Stan Smith's, a leather crossbody bag and a light cardigan tied around your waist.

Instagram - Angelina Lilienne

Practical for the working lady: layer black glossy leather pants with a statement heel, minimal gold accessories, a classic black clutch and sleek hair.

Fall Vibes: neutral, mustard tone shirt dress paired with your favorite Doc Martens

Light beiges, orange-brown and camel tones can always work with any ankle booties and can even be styled in the colder seasons as a layering item under thicker insulating sweaters. Stripes and patterns may be on trend for the season, but will quickly wear away on functionality after Fall is over.

Accessorize with a bold, yet sophisticated trend: Snake Print

Don't commit a fashion crime by wearing a beautiful, flowy dress with heavy jewelry and a big-baller watch. Be elegant and simple by wearing a gold charm necklace, minimalistic rings and pearl studs to draw attention away from your bling-bling and instead, wear a statement pair of boots.

​Channel your inner #ChristianGirlAutumn and wear it to the pumpkin patch

Southern Curls and Pearls Blog

With so many selections out in the market, and various street style inspirations hot off Paris Fashion Week, the Shirt Dress can seem intimidating to wear without undoubtedly feeling like a sack of potatoes. That said, keep these tips in mind to help you nail this trend!!