To My Far Away Friend

To My Far Away Friend

Thank you to the friend who is always there, even from many miles away.

684
To My Far Away Friend
Favim

These days friends come and go just like the seasons. Whether it be a big move or busy lives, little things can wedge into a friendship and have potential to ruin it. But there are the few friendships that are essentially life-proof and can survive in the worst of conditions. I am lucky enough to have this super-powered relationship with many friends in places all over our country. Here is to those far away friends and everything they deserve thanks for.

Thank you for sticking around.

I tend to have the worst luck with people leaving. I get attached and then they are gone just like that. Despite my worries that you would ghost me just like all the others, you didn't. You promised to stay by my side even from across the country and you did.

Thank you for keeping my spirits high.

I am the first to admit that I can be quite a pessimist. Making a mountain out of a mole hill is my specialty. You always know just how to cheer me up when I am in one of my moods. Whether it be telling me a funny story or just calling me out on my bad attitude, you always manage to bring a smile to my face.

Thank you for being my biggest supporter.

No matter how many times I call you to rant about how my life is in shambles and cry about my failures, you always lift me up. Each time you know just the words I need to hear to dust myself off and keep going. In every risky business venture or off-the-wall idea, you are right there telling me that I can do anything. With your constant support, I truly believe that.

Thank you for being honest with me.

I know I can be a bit of a dreamer sometimes. Although you always support me, you keep me grounded and let me know when I'm not being realistic. You are the first person to call me out when I'm being unreasonable. I know that when you get tough on me, it is only because you care.

Thank you for caring.

So many people will say that they care about someone, but it is all talk. Whether it was tearful phone calls or heartfelt texts, you have always put action behind your words. I know that you care because you show me just how much.

Thank you for keeping in contact.

A day that we don't speak to each other is not normal. Our ranting texts continue to make me laugh and our phone calls always brighten my day. The hours we have spent on FaceTime either working hard or just sitting in silence are some of my favorite memories.

Thank you for putting up with me.

I am a handful. I complain a lot and need lots of affirmation for even the littlest of decisions. I tell you how terrible things are for me at least once a week and you never complain. You always patiently listen when I need to vent and offer advice that is truly valuable.

I say it all the time, but I truly believe our friendship is one in a million. I admire these little things because it shows an effort to maintain our relationship. Being so far away is hard, but thank you for making it work.