Is This Real Life Or Is This A Fantasy Bra?

How Victoria's Secret busted this bra.

11

If you ask me, Fantasy Bras are meant to be, well, a fantasy, and let me tell you, this just looks like a glitzed up version of their already-existing T-shirt bra with a body chain attached.

It's just been announced that the Victoria Secret Angel, Elsa Hosk will be wearing the notorious lingerie piece this year in the show.

This year's bra fell short of many people's expectations, and the bra budget. This bra, covered in more than 2,100 Swarovski crystals is valued at $1 million. Sound expensive? When talking about Fantasy Bras, this is back-pocket money.

2018's Fantasy Bra is actually the least expensive bra, right alongside the Million Dollar Miracle Bra worn by Claudia Schiffer in its primal year of 1996.

Let's look at the track record for the lingerie you long for:

In 1997, the Diamond Dream Bra was born. Worn by none other than Tyra Banks, the $3 million dollar bra was simplistic with a whopping 42-karat diamond hanging in the center.

1n 1998, the Dream Angel Fantasy Bra was announced and worn by Daniela Pestova. Taking on the (much) more expensive form of simplistic pre-existing bras, the mesh material and floral patterns made of various jewels racked the cost of this bra up to $5 million.

Van Gough would be proud of the 1999 Millennium Bra. Worn by Heidi Klum, this (literally) star-studded bra made up of over 2,000 diamonds and sapphires depicted what looked like a starry night sky. This bra cashed in at $10 million.

The Red Hot Fantasy Bra was worn by the red-hot model, Gisele Bundchen in 2000. The $15 million bra consists of 1,300-karat diamonds and Thai rubies. This bra was so expensive, that it landed a spot in the Guinness World Record Book as the most expensive piece of lingerie ever. Imagine that amount of bucks on your boobs.

In 2001, the Heavenly Star Fantasy Bra was the first ever Fantasy Bra to appear on the famed Victoria's Secret Fashion Show runway. Heidi Klum had the pleasure of taking it for a walk down the runway, carrying $12.5 million on her chest. The bra was made up of 1,200 Sri Lankan pink sapphires and 90-carat diamonds.

The Star of Victoria Fantasy Bra was born in 2002 and worn by Karolina Kurkova. This bra was composed of a 60-carat Mouawad Mondera diamond, surrounded by 1,600 emeralds and 1,150 rubies that created an organic flowery design. This baby will cost you $10 million.

Once again, Heidi Klum walked the runway in yet another Fantasy Bra. This multicolored bra became home to 2,800 jewels as well as the second largest Excelsior diamond in the world – 70-carat large to be exact. This Very Sexy Fantasy Bra is equivalent to $11 million.

Tyra Banks' "hoe, but then make it fashion" quote came in handy when the walked the runway in the Heavenly 70 Fantasy Bra. At the cost of $10 million, the sheer bra was traced in 2,900 diamonds in 18-karat white gold, with a 70-carat diamond in the center.

Speaking of ho's, Gisele Bundchen ho, ho, ho'ed her way down the VS runway in 2005 in a Santa-themed outfit. This outfit's main accessory was the Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra, composed of 2,900 pave diamonds, 22 rubies, and a whopping 101-carat diamond set in 18-karat white gold.

In 2006, Karolina Kurkova melted hearts in the Hearts on Fire Diamond Fantasy Bra. The blinding sparkles may throw you off, but this bra only cost $6.5 million - as opposed to the normal double-digit million dollar bras we're used to. This bra featured 2,000 diamonds and a 10-carat diamond in the center.

This lingerie set is all I want for the 2007 holidays! The Holiday Fantasy Bra worn by Selita Ebanks was encrusted with diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and yellow sapphires equaling $4.5 million. It even came with a matching thong and garter belt.

Probably one of the most famous Angels there is, Adriana Lima finally rocked the Black Diamond Fantasy Miracle Bra in 2008. This $5 million black-on-black bra was made up of 3,575 black diamonds as well as 117 one-carat diamonds and 34 rubies.

Marisa Miller rocked the Harlequin Fantasy Bra in 2009. This 2,300-diamond bra came with a 16-carat heart-shaped diamond, all costing $3 million.

Victoria's Secret dropped a bomb with their Bombshell Fantasy Bra in 2010. This bra was debuted on Adriana Lima, consisting of 3,000 white diamonds, light blue sapphires, and topazes, all set in 18-karat white gold. After 1,500 hours and six Damiani craftspeople, the $2 million bra was complete.

In 2011, Miranda Kerr wore the $2.5 million Fantasy Treasure Bra. This sea-themed bra was made up of more than 3,400 jewels and 142-carats of diamonds, pearls, citrines, and aquamarines.

This flora and fauna combo will have you feeling lost in an enchanted forest. In 2012, after 11 years of being an Angel, Alessandra Ambrosio floated her way down the catwalk in the Floral Fantasy Bra. Consisting of 5,200 amethysts, sapphires, rubies, as well as white, pink, and yellow colored diamonds, this bra cost $2.5 million, topping it off with a 20-carat center diamond.

In 2013, Candice Swanepoel was deemed the fairest of them all, having been chosen to wear the Royal Fantasy bra. The Snow White themed set was topped with 4,200 jewels all set in 18-karat gold. And unlike previous years, the centerpiece diamond was replaced for a 52-carat ruby.

After 18 years of Fantasy Bras, Victoria's Secret must have been seeing double, because 2014 was the year of twins. Giving off serious Gemini vibes, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio came out in the Dream Angels Fantasy Bras. The Pascal Mouawad tops were colored blue (Adriana) and red (Alessandra) adorned with gorgeous, sparkling body chains. Altogether, they took more than $2 million (each), 16,000 sapphires, rubies, and diamonds, as well as over 1,380 hours to make.

After seeing doubles, Victoria's Secret was seeing stars! The 2015 Fireworks Fantasy Bra was debuted by Lily Aldridge. Once again, Pascal Mouawad designed the $2 million bra made up of 6,500 jewels of blue topaz, yellow sapphire, red garnet, and pink quartz.

In 2016, Jasmine Tookes had the honor of wearing the Bright Night Fantasy Bra. This $3 million bra was made of more than 450-carats worth of diamonds and emeralds, all set in 18-karat gold.

Now onto my personal favorite, the 2017 Champagne Nights Fantasy Bra. Laid Ribeiro had the honor of being the fourth black model to walk in and rock out the Fantasy Bra. Designed by Mouawad Jewelry, the 'Arabian Knights' inspired bra was made of 6,000 white diamonds, yellow sapphires, and blue topazes totaling $2 million.

And that straps up all the bras leading up to Elsa Hosk's 2018 bra and body chain.

Be sure to tune into the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show on November 8th!