Why I Am A Fan Of The 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Series

A spin in a different direction.

55
http://www.theknotnews.com/

So 'Fifty Shades Darker' the second installation of 'The Fifty Shades Of Grey Series' was released into theatres a while back. When I tell people I like the 'Fifty Shades of Grey Series' I often feel like they look at me a certain way. Laughing in response to their looks, I simply say "no, I don't watch it for the sex, I watch it for the plot line." Once people hear that, most of the time their responses consist of something like "what plot line?" with a laugh, or a snicker.

Maybe it's because I'm a psychology major — or maybe it isn't. I have always been empathetic to people's situation regardless of how "fifty shades of f*ked up" they seem to be. When I saw the first movie, I felt incredibly sad for Christian Grey. I thought that he HAD to have gone through something traumatising to treat someone he loved the way he did.

Right off the bat, it was clear to me that Christian Grey was deeply in love with Anastasia Steele. I know what you’re thinking — yeah right he loved her so much, that he caused her so much pain both mentally and physically. It’s not his fault.

Think about it: his adoptive mother's best friend made him her submissive at a very young age. She then assisted him in becoming a sadist. His birth mother was a crack whore and overdosed when he was three years old. Before anyone realised she passed away, Christian stayed with his birth mother’s lifeless body for three days. THREE DAYS.

Now I’m not saying the people who adopted him don’t love him because that isn’t the case at all. I’m just saying that it’s a lot for someone to go through. Let’s remember, that Christian is only 27. With everything he has been through, he managed to become a multi-millionaire and own many successful businesses.

In my opinion, the series is so much more than the rated R scenes.