Family vacation ideas

4 Family Vacations You Should Take This Summer

The perfect way to reconnect with your family

28

With everyone having such busy lives nowadays, and especially with people being so attached to their phones and social media, the family vacation is quickly becoming a thing of the past. And yet, it is exactly what most families need nowadays, time to relax and reconnect with one another, a time to gain a renewed appreciation for one another. I intend to revive and bring the idea of the family vacation "back to life". So with that being said, here are 9 ways you and your family can discover why taking a family vacation is so important.

1. Take a road trip.

A classic vacation like a road trip will never go out of style! Whether it's in an RV or a car, you can explore new destinations together, discovering all that our beautiful country has to offer. And while traveling from place to place you can play an intense game of the license plate game or jam out to some of your favorite music together, you can play a few rounds of "car karaoke". Either way, a road trip is a great way to not only enjoy each other's company but explore new places.

2. Go camping.

Sure, roughing it in the woods may be every family's idea of a great and meaningful family vacation, but to some people not having all of the modern conveniences of life could bring them closer together, in an effort to help each other and keep the environment fun. Camping activities such as sitting around a campfire and roasting marshmallows or playing a long game of manhunt together could quite possibly be just what your family needs. The next time you plan a family vacation, don't eliminate the option of taking a camping trip right away, it could be one of the best vacations you ever take.

3. Go to Disney World.

Going to a place like Disney World with your family is truly an unforgettable experience. Being that when you're at Disney World you are inside of the "Disney bubble," you get completely immersed in the magic, making memories that will truly last a lifetime. Taking a Disney vacation is about so much more than riding rides, watching show-stopping parades, and meeting your favorite Disney characters. It is about making memories as a family, it is about experiencing the magic of Disney with your family. Disney World isn't just for little kids, it is the perfect destination for your family vacation this summer.

4. Take a cruise.

Cruising is a classic way to get away. You and your family can board a huge ship and escape to far-away destinations such as the Caribbean, Asia or even Europe. And the best part of cruising? All of the food and travel is taken care of. You and your family get to sit back, relax, enjoy many of the amazing activities that they offer while onboard, and sail the high seas while having tons of fun and not having to worry about getting to your next destination.