A False Reality

A False Reality

The pill opened a door to alternate realities that existed for only as long as the fuzz lasted.

21
A False Reality
Wallpaper.zone

My world became static, and time as I knew it seemed to stand still.

Free from the complexities of the world, I was dosed with the pill.

Staring at the still waters, the serenity calmed my soul.

I was thankful for the peace; the transformation took no toll.

In this unreal state, reality became bearable;

For the first time, happiness became slightly viable.

It was my moment to shine because I could finally have my act;

My hopes and dreams had been freed from their cages by every solid fact.

It was time to branch out into new areas; live, love, learn and cross the seas.

For far too long, all these opportunities remained careless fantasies.

I believed this optimistic version of reality; and in a blind frenzy, I lost my guard.

Hoping to remain caught up in this brilliant virtual world, I hurried on and hoped to remain unscarred.

But all too soon, the fuzz wore off and I realized that the pill told a lie;

Here, in this make-belief alternate reality, the truth did not apply.

In actual reality, the peace was a charade, and all that existed was a war.

There were no changes; life would return to a state of boring normalcy, same as before.

The fatigue began to set in as the fuzz slowly wore off.

I gazed upon the challenges and the first sight was enough.

In that moment, I knew that the struggle to stay afloat would prove too intense;

And the misery that awaited failure at the end would be too immense.

As I searched for remotely workable solutions, voices whispered an unfamiliar word — rest.

Trapped by the madness, my zeal to aspire to rest was killed by my continuous state of unrest.

My legs gave out and I wished that I could fly;

That the unrepentant darkness was a lie.

I had one wish, which stared at me from a distance; it was to return to all that is positive and real.

The treacherous road ahead was packed with obstacles of different sorts, lacking completely in all appeal.

One voice stood out in the believable reassurance of my capability to conquer this dark reality.

“Keep your head down, trust in your good judgment, believe in the existence of goodness, and tamper not with your sanity.”

The plague of unending struggle, in one way or another, marks existence.

In the fight to find fulfillment, I can only overcome with persistence.

Now, I know the reality that exists, and I’m certain that the pill was false.

The real world reeks of falsehood, but I can find my way past all of the glaring faults.