Fall Playlist

'Let Her Go' And 5 Other Songs To Get You Through The Fall Semester

For those long walks on campus.

36
Grace Vazquez

Buckle up guys, the best season of the year is well on its way. While classes are beginning to start and undoubtedly add stress to this season, one cannot deny how exciting it is to see the leaves begin to change. While the colors, fashion, candles, and all around "homey" feel of autumn are amazing, my favorite part of fall is by far the music. The vibes this music gives off are comforting in so many ways, yet the lyrics are all intellectual and meaningful.

As a girl who loves a taste of every genre, I can say that every form of music has a sort of togetherness that you can only find in Autumn. Each genre seamlessly flows from one to the other, making the comforting feel of the tunes not once falter. This comfort can be craved during the stress of fall semester, so I made this playlist to help you kick-start your own.

1. "All Too Well" - Taylor Swift

This song not only mentions leaves and has a fall aura to it, but it has the nostalgic feeling that comes with the season. Whenever Fall so much as turns the corner to welcome itself, this song is on my playlist. It is a true masterpiece.

2. "All At Once" - The Fray

While this song lacks the autumn feel that the previous one holds, it is a must-listen. The Fray are a timeless band that create music in any playlist is incomplete without. This playlist would lose the feel of "Fall' if this edgy song was not there to contribute to it.

3. "Ready To Run" - One Direction

I didn't just add this song for you to reminisce back on your fangirl days, but because it's perfect. The beats make for an upbeat fall song, while the lyrics tell a meaningful, yet cute, story.

4. "Chocolate" - The 1975

For as long as I can remember, this song has been on my autumn playlist. In fact, I believe it is the reason I started making them. The upbeat song adds the perfect tone to the playlist while Matty's voice produces almost a "dreamy" feel to the single.

5. "Let Her Go" - Passenger

This song has been out for quite a few years, yet every time I listen to it I can't seem to get rid of the jitters I feel. It is a beautiful song full of lyrics that will definitely get you in your feels. It may seem slightly melancholy, but it's a perfect song to belt out the lyrics to in the car or in your room.

6. "Sweater Weather" - The Neighbourhood

What fall playlist would be complete without this iconic song? In fact, any song by The Neighbourhood would be appropriate for the late fall-early winter playlists. They are incredibly gifted and their dark vibes to their songs go perfectly with a dreary day.

While I could add on to this list forever, I believe this is a solid place to let you add your own twist on it. The thing about music is each song is going to resonate differently within every person. That being said, I cannot add songs you personally connect with unless it's by chance. I encourage you to add at least four songs to this playlist to truly give it the fall aura you are looking for. However, I believe that these six songs already create a perfect, comforting feel if you are content with them.