The Perfect Fall 2018 Playlist

My Fall 2018 Playlist–Don't Try Pretending You Didn't Start Making A Autumn Playlist Months Ago

We've all been prepping for Fall for a while, just admit it.

73
Original Photo by Sera Mugeta

I love fall as much as any other person on the planet. Well, at least for the first three weeks before the weather gets super bummy and the temperature starts dropping into the 30's. You know what fall really means? Sweater weather, the start of the semester, homecoming and of course, Halloween. Fall just gives you a lot of things to look forward too; it also means you can start listening to all your moody and slow-paced music with justification, as it seems to perfectly complement the season. (Not gonna lie, I may have started adding songs to the Fall 2018 playlist in the middle of July.)

Before I start, check out the link to my Fall 2018 playlist on Spotify; give it a look, listen or maybe even both. You should also click on it if you want to follow along.

My playlist consists of a lot of moods, the first one being the music that people listen to that makes you concerned about them, the kind that goes off but is sad and pretty deep. "Easily" by Bruno Major, "Drew Barrymore" by Bryce Vine, "I hope your whole life sux" by Blackbear, and "Drowning (feat. Kodak Black)" by A Boogie Wit da Hoodie are just a few examples. I find myself listening to these songs and catching imaginary feelings I didn't even know I could have.

I 10 out of 10 would recommend that you check out the artist Bruno Major. His music is a perfect lullaby and incredibly soothing to listen to. Also, his name is Bruno, so his music has to be good!

Second are the songs that are a bit more upbeat, but still, have that quiet and rainy undertone. "I'm Good" by Wafia is the perfect example. The vibe of her music and voice practically shout Halloween and cold weather. Other songs like "Alien Boy" by Oliver Tree, "Ivy" by Frank Ocean and "Runaway (U&I)" by Galantis fit the mix as well.

Lastly, there are the quintessential bangers. The season filled with red, orange and yellow leaves doesn't have to be entirely dark and gloomy. I mean, aren't Halloween and Homecoming in the fall? "1999 WILDFIRE" by BROCKHAMPTON, "Personal" by HRVY, "Love Me Again" by John Newman and "Birthday Cake" by Rihanna are songs you can easily put on full blast in your car. Or at a party. Or while you shower. I also recommend checking out New Politics and PRETTY MUCH if you're looking for a new fall band to check out.

In conclusion, fall music is THE best music. It means good things and fun times. It also means finding a bunch of bangers for all the crazy parties you'll throw on the weekends or the nights you spend in bed writing your Odyssey article last minute. Hopefully, you found a few keepers while scoping out my autumn playlist or even some of my other ones. I'll always take honor in introducing people to some musical bangers they can add to their Spotify playlist.