5 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Season

5 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Season

And gifts us with seasonal vibes that cannot be topped.

20
5 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Season
Rebecca Miller

Fall fall fall. I have always loved stepping outside into the crisp air without a glimmer of sweat on my brow. This feeling only comes once a year, and presides over my spring/summer fever that captures my interest and prevents any productive activity from entering my lifestyle. Thankfully, when fall finally comes, I am grateful for it's yearly return and resume attending to my favorite fall activities. These are my top five reasons why fall has my heart...

1. Fuzzy sweaters

Being cozy-sweater-warm greatly over shines the scorching heat of the summer or the overwhelming bitter cold of the winter. This type of joyous warm only comes at one time during the year: the fall. The fall is the perfect in-between of the drastic temperatures that the United States throws at us, and sweaters allow us to combat the chill and surround ourselves in a blanket in public.

2. Leaves changing colors and falling

Every time I look outside and see the leaves change color, I am immediately taken back to when I was younger and would play outside in the leaves. My dad would create a pile, nearing everest levels, and my brother, dog and I would charge ahead and dive in. This wonderful memory makes walking around the city, to snag a coffee or go to class, that much more enjoyable.

3. Gray skies

UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT! My lack of a phD in meteorology has left me unaware of why the skies appear less blue and covered in a gray haze, but I am here for it. Gray skies seem to come with fall and leave the burnt orange terrain with a placid soothing background. I associate this image with the concept of crisp breezes and warm cinnamon smells, and I love walking outside knowing it's that time of year again.

4. Pumpkin spice

Grab a pal, find some pumpkin spice, and experience the season. Seeing the pumpkin spice menu items, cued up and ready to go on a Starbucks board near you, is the first real sign that fall is approaching. There are endless options to get your fill of fall seasonings through your sense of smell, but pumpkin spice beverages are one of the main ways to consume fall for all its worth.

5. Cute jackets

Tis the season of all beautiful wonders of the world. Aka Blair Waldorf's jacket collection. Enough said. *drops mic*