10 Reasons Fall Always Has Been And Always Will Be The Superior Season

No other season can compete

25
Photo by Erico Marcelino on Unsplash

1. Sweater Weather

If you are like me, you own dozens of different sweaters and hoodies. But, the only time that you can wear them is in the fall. Summer is too hot to be in anything long sleeve and in the winter is too cold to be in anything less than a puffy white coat. But the fall? The weather is perfect for wearing your favorite sweaters and hoodies to your hearts content.

2. Beautiful Scenery

Leaves slowly changing colors is the most beautiful part of the fall season. Everything goes from green to a rainbow of reds, oranges, yellows, browns, and every shade in between. It is an incredible sight to see.

3. Fall Decorations

The crazy and amazing fall decorations are the best, and no one can tell me differently. You have pumpkins, wreaths, leaves, Halloween, and so much more to decorate your house (or dorm room) with. The possibilities are endless, and no matter what you choose it always turns out looking amazing.

4. Corn Mazes

As a kid, and as an adult, my favorite part of fall was the corn maze. I grew up here in the Midwest, so corn mazes are everywhere and I love it. Either my family or my friends and I would make at least one annual trip, sometimes two if we were lucky, to the World's Largest Corn Maze at Richardson's Adventure Farm in Spring Grove, Illinois. This trip is the highlight of the fall season for my family. Every year it's different, every year I get lost for hours, and every year it is a lot of fun.

5. Hot Chocolate

My favorite drink of all time. Personally, I drink it all year long, but it is only really acceptable starting in the fall when the temperature drops. The perfect way to end the day is with a steamy cup of rich, delicious hot chocolate, complete with little marshmallows of course.

6. Apple Everything

What is better than pumpkin flavored everything? Apple. When the leaves start to change color, apple takes over. Hot apple cider, apple scented candles, apple pie, apple spice donuts (if you don’t know what that is, you are missing out and need to try it), and so much more.

7. Candy Corn

I know so many (incorrect) people are not a fan of the candy, but I live for it. You can only get it during the fall and I stock to make it through the rest of the year. Yes it is just pure sugar, but I love it nonetheless.

8. Halloween

The holiday speaks for itself and involves countless other traditions, but overall definitely one of the best things about the fall season. I mean, who doesn't love carving pumpkins while eating candy all dressed up in ridiculous costumes?

9. Thanksgiving

Again, the holiday speaks for itself but I still consider it an essential part of the fall season. There is no greater holiday that consists of stuffing your face with endless amounts of delicious food, remembering all that we are thankful for, and enjoying the company of loved ones (I know most people would disagree but I like my family).

10. Movie Nights

The movies, by far, are the greatest part of fall. There are endless movies perfect for watching in the fall season. From scary movies like Friday the 13th, to family friendly movies like the Corpse Bride, to the classics like Hocus Pocus, and my personal favorite, Nightmare Before Christmas. You typically don't watch these movies during the rest of the year, but in the fall they make a strong comeback.