A Guide On Falling In Love...With Yourself

Oh the amount of times I've had my girlfriends tell me "Just focus on loving yourself!"

93
Personal Photo

Let me start this article off by saying, we are all human. We're not programmed to be perfect. We all have battles with ourselves, some that we win, and some that we lose. That doesn't mean we should stop fighting.

I want you, yes you, to fall deeply in love with yourself.

I want you to think about what happens when you fall in love. You get excited to see him, you want to make plans with him, and you love everything about him, the good and the bad. You feel the infamous butterflies in your stomach, your cheeks hurt from smiling so much, and your world becomes brighter.

Now turn "him" into "you". Feel the same about yourself. Just as you would in a relationship. Get excited to see your beautiful self in the mirror, make plans with yourself, and most of all. Love everything about you, the good and the bad.

I want you, yes you, to fall deeply in love with yourself. You're worth more than those negative feelings you hold inside. You might not think about this, but everyday you're growing, you're closer to achieving your goals and becoming who you want to be. Be proud of her no matter what, because she's amazing. You're amazing.

I want you, yes you, to fall deeply in love with yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror every morning and smile. Look at your physical features and realize no one has your hair, your eyes, your nose, or even your teeth. You're one of a kind, because you literally are.

Now repeat after me, I love myself.