Top 5 Reasons Not To Miss Out On Your Local Fall Festival

Just one of the many reasons fall is the best.

26
Wikimedia

It's that time of year where people are mourning the end of the summer, the leaves are changing colors and the weather is getting cooler. (Well, for about an hour.) That's right, it's fall, the season when I come alive.

There are many reasons that I love fall, but one that's grown more and more over the last few years is fall festivals. It all started with Clarion's Autumn Leaf Festival, and while that still holds number one in my heart, over the years I've grown to enjoy many others. Here are a few of the reasons why fall festivals will always hold a special place in my heart.

1. You can find really unique stuff.

Almost every fall festival I have been to has included a craft show at least one of its days. This is my favorite part because you can usually find some really cool stuff. I'm always super amazed when I see what other people can create all by themselves. From handmade jewelry that looks like it came from a "professional" jeweler to wood carved furniture and decorations, these shows have something for everyone to enjoy, and spend lots of money on.

2. Supporting small business.

All of these people work super hard to make their cool stuff. It's nice knowing that when you buy their products, everything goes straight to them for their hard work.

3. Meeting a lot of cool people.

A lot of crafters have really cool stories to go along with their work. Sometimes people will even tell you interesting stories about cool places they've been while selling their stuff. You can have some really wonderful conversations with these people that you wouldn't want to miss out on!

4. Cool shows and features.

The festival I went to last weekend had a really neat show called "Flying Dogs" where they trained all of these smart pups to not only catch frisbees, but do jumps and twists mid air. It was really quite something to see, and even though it was windy all participants did so well and were so cute, I was very proud. Whether it's dog shows, pumpkin launching or live wood carving, there's always something sure to entertain.

5. A great way to exercise and enjoy the weather.

Fall festivals typically have lots of food vendors, and who doesn't love indulging on yummy fair food? The only problem with that is sometimes we don't feel too good about it after the fact. Luckily, fall festivals usually cover a lot of ground, giving you the chance to exercise through all of the walking you do. You get your step count up while also being able to enjoy the fall foliage, what beats that?

No matter what you love about fall festivals, you have to agree that they are lots of fun. There's something in them for everyone, so grab a group of friends and head out for a day of fun before Old Man Winter comes to town.